The Philadelphia Phillies (40-37) are looking for continued power from a slugger on a roll versus the St. Louis Cardinals (43-35) on Friday at 6:05 PM ET, at Citizens Bank Park. Rhys Hoskins is currently on a two-game homer streak.
The Phillies (+124 underdog on the moneyline) hit the field versus the Cardinals (-146). The scheduled starters are Miles Mikolas (5-5) for the St. Louis Cardinals, and Bailey Falter for the Philadelphia Phillies. The matchup has an over/under of 9.5 total runs.
Cardinals vs. Phillies Predictions
Cardinals vs. Phillies Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Cardinals vs. Phillies Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- St. Louis went 4-3 across the seven games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Cardinals and their opponents combined to go over the run total three times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- St. Louis has gone 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Philadelphia has played as the underdog in five of its past 10 games and has won three of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Phillies and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- Philadelphia is 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Cardinals vs. Phillies Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Miles Mikolas
- When Mikolas starts, the Cardinals are 10-5-0 against the spread.
- The Cardinals have been the moneyline favorite in seven of Mikolas’ starts this season, and they went 5-2 in those matchups.
- In Mikolas’ 15 starts, his team is 9-6.
- Mikolas’ starts with a set total this season have hit the over in eight of 15 contests.
Projected starter: Bailey Falter
- The left-hander did not appear in a game when his team was the moneyline underdog last season.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt has accumulated a team-high batting average of .342, while leading the Cardinals in home runs (19) and runs batted in (65).
- Among hitters in baseball, Goldschmidt ranks eighth in home runs and second in RBI.
- Nolan Arenado is batting .278 with 19 doubles, 14 home runs and 27 walks.
- Arenado ranks 31st in home runs among batters in MLB action and 14th in RBI.
- Tommy Edman is hitting .271 with 12 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 29 walks.
- Brendan Donovan is hitting .307 with 14 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 26 walks.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in home runs (23) and runs batted in (50) this season while batting .217.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Schwarber is second in homers and 13th in RBI.
- Hoskins has 71 hits and an OBP of .343 to go with a slugging percentage of .473 this season.
- Hoskins is 21st in homers and 45th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Hoskins enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .278 with two doubles, two home runs, three walks and two RBI.
- Nicholas Castellanos is slashing .248/.301/.388 this season for the Phillies.
- J.T. Realmuto is batting .239 with an OBP of .317 and a slugging percentage of .360 this season.
Where To Watch Cardinals vs. Phillies
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.