The Detroit Tigers (29-45) and Kansas City Royals (27-47) clash on Friday at 7:10 PM ET, opening a three-game series at Comerica Park.
The Tigers (-119 moneyline odds to win) play the Royals (-100) in an expected tight contest. The Royals will hand the ball to Brad Keller, but the Tigers’ starting pitcher has yet to be announced for this game. The contest has a set total of 8.
Tigers vs. Royals Predictions
Tigers vs. Royals Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Tigers vs. Royals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- In the last 10 games, Detroit has not been the moneyline favorite.
- In their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Tigers and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times.
- Detroit’s record against the spread is 7-3-0 over its past 10 games.
- Kansas City has played as the underdog in six of its past 10 games and has gone 3-3 in those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Royals and their opponents are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Kansas City is 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Tigers vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Brad Keller
- The righty did not pitch as the moneyline underdog in any games last season.
Tigers Batting Leaders
- Javier Baez paces the Tigers with seven home runs and 25 runs batted in.
- In MLB action, Baez ranks 115th in home runs and 153rd in RBI.
- Baez has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with a triple, a home run and four RBI.
- Jonathan Schoop has 12 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 10 walks while batting .190.
- Schoop ranks 138th in homers and 183rd in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Harold Castro has eight doubles, two triples, four home runs and four walks while batting .278.
- Miguel Cabrera has 25 runs batted in while hitting .300. Both lead his team.
- Cabrera heads into this matchup on a seven-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .333 with a double, a walk and four RBI.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Bobby Witt Jr. is batting .243 this season with a team-high 11 home runs and 39 RBI.
- Witt Jr.’s home run total ranks 53rd in the majors, and he is 45th in RBI.
- Witt Jr. brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi is batting .305 to lead Kansas City, while adding three homers and 27 runs batted in this season.
- Benintendi is 249th in home runs and 137th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Benintendi brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .353 with three walks and two RBI.
- Whit Merrifield has collected 67 base hits, an OBP of .271 and a slugging percentage of .305 this season.
- Hunter Dozier is batting .255 with an OBP of .322 and a slugging percentage of .420 this season.
Where To Watch Tigers vs. Royals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.