The Boston Red Sox (43-33) and Chicago Cubs (30-46) square off in the first of a three-game series on Friday at Wrigley Field, at 2:20 PM ET. The Red Sox are coming off a series defeat to the Blue Jays, and the Cubs a series win over the Reds.
The Cubs are an underdog (+110 on the moneyline) when they take on the Red Sox (-130). The Red Sox will give the ball to Rich Hill (4-4) versus the Cubs and Adrian Sampson. The game’s over/under is set at 9.
Red Sox vs. Cubs Predictions
Red Sox vs. Cubs Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Red Sox vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Boston played six of its last 10 games as a moneyline favorite, and won all of them.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Red Sox and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Boston is 8-2-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in five of its past 10 games and has won two of those contests.
- The Cubs and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Chicago has a record of 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Red Sox vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Rich Hill
- The Red Sox have a 6-8-0 ATS record in Hill’s 14 starts with a set spread.
- The Red Sox have a 6-3 record in Hill’s nine starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- In Hill’s 14 starts, his team is 8-6.
- Hill has started 14 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in five of them.
Projected starter: Adrian Sampson
- Sampson and his team failed to cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Sampson’s team lost in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Sampson with a total this season hit the under.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers has racked up a team-best batting average of .328, while leading the Red Sox in home runs (17).
- Among all hitters in MLB action, Devers’ home run total ranks 13th and his RBI tally ranks 24th.
- Xander Bogaerts is batting .326 with 21 doubles, six home runs and 29 walks.
- Bogaerts ranks 138th in home runs among hitters in MLB and 105th in RBI.
- Bogaerts enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .211 with a double and four walks.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .266 with 17 doubles, six home runs and 19 walks.
- Verdugo has hit safely in 10 straight games. In his last 10 games he is hitting .410 with three doubles, two home runs, five walks and 10 RBI.
- J.D. Martinez has 24 doubles, eight home runs and 28 walks while hitting .313.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Willson Contreras leads Chicago in batting average (.283) this season while adding 13 home runs and 34 RBI.
- Contreras ranks 36th in home runs and 76th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Contreras has hit safely in six games in a row. In his last 10 games he is batting .282 with four doubles, a home run, six walks and seven RBI.
- Ian Happ has collected 71 hits this season and has an OBP of .382. He’s slugging .457 on the year.
- Among all major league hitters, Happ ranks 92nd in homers and 58th in RBI.
- Happ has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .167 with a double, four walks and an RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom leads Chicago in home runs (16) and runs batted in (43) this season while batting .232.
- Nico Hoerner has collected 66 hits this season and has an OBP of .345. He’s slugging .427 on the year.
- Hoerner has safely hit in eight games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is batting .500 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and seven RBI.
Where To Watch Red Sox vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.