The San Francisco Giants (40-34) and Chicago White Sox (35-39) clash on Friday at 10:15 PM ET, beginning a three-game series at Oracle Park.
The Giants are a home favorite (-135) against the White Sox (+115). The starting pitchers are Alex Cobb (3-3) for the San Francisco Giants, and Lance Lynn (1-1) for the Chicago White Sox. The matchup has an over/under set at 8 total runs.
Giants vs. White Sox Predictions
Giants vs. White Sox Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Giants vs. White Sox Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Francisco went 2-4 over the six games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Giants combined with their opponents to hit the over on the run total four times.
- San Francisco has a 5-5-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in six of its past 10 games and has gone 3-3 in those contests.
- The White Sox and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Chicago has won four of its last 10 games against the spread.
Giants vs. White Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Alex Cobb
- The Giants are 5-5-0 against the spread when Cobb starts.
- The Giants are 4-5 in Cobb’s nine starts this season with San Francisco as the moneyline favorite.
- Cobb’s team has a 4-6 record in his starts this season.
- Cobb’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in seven of 10 contests.
Projected starter: Lance Lynn
- When Lynn starts, his team is 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- His team won his only start as an underdog this season.
- Lynn’s team is 2-1 when he starts this season.
- Out of Lynn’s three starts with a total this season, two have hit the over.
Giants Batting Leaders
- Wilmer Flores has put up a team-best 40 runs batted in.
- Among hitters in MLB, Flores ranks 74th in home runs and 37th in RBI.
- Joc Pederson’s 17 home runs pace his team.
- Pederson currently ranks 13th in home runs and 41st in RBI in the majors.
- Pederson has safely hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Thairo Estrada paces the Giants with a team-high batting average of .256.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .244 with 16 doubles, eight home runs and 32 walks.
- Yastrzemski has safely hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .190 with a home run and five RBI.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Jose Abreu is batting .284 this season with a team-high nine home runs.
- Abreu ranks 74th in home runs and 68th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Abreu has hit safely in five games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .550 with four doubles, a walk and three RBI.
- Luis Robert leads Chicago in runs batted in (38) this season. He’s batting .294 while slugging .431.
- Robert currently ranks 91st in home runs and 47th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Robert takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .286 with two doubles, a home run and two RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn’s batting average of .302 leads all Chicago hitters this season.
- Tim Anderson is batting .340 with an OBP of .377 and a slugging percentage of .460 this season.
- Anderson brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .227 with a walk.
Where To Watch Giants vs. White Sox
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.