Adolis Garcia carries an 11-game hitting streak into the Texas Rangers’ (36-38) game against the New York Mets (47-29), at 7:10 PM ET on Friday, at Citi Field.
The Mets are favored at home (-165) against the Rangers (+140). The New York Mets will hand the ball to Chris Bassitt (6-5, 3.91 ERA), who is looking for win No. 7 on the season, and the Rangers will counter with Glenn Otto (4-3, 5.31 ERA). The contest has a set total of 8.
Mets vs. Rangers Predictions
Mets vs. Rangers Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mets vs. Rangers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York played as the moneyline favorite in five of its last 10 games, and finished 3-2 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Mets and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- New York’s ATS record is 3-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- Texas has been the underdog once in the past 10 games and won that contest.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Rangers and their opponents are 5-5-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Texas has won four of its last 10 games against the spread.
Mets vs. Rangers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Chris Bassitt
- The Mets have an 8-7-0 ATS record in Bassitt’s 15 starts with a set spread.
- The Mets are 8-2 in Bassitt’s 10 starts this season with New York as the moneyline favorite.
- Bassitt’s team has a 9-6 record in his starts this season.
- Bassitt has started 15 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 10 of them.
Projected starter: Glenn Otto
- Otto and his team have a record of 5-4-0 against the spread when he starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Texas has a record of 3-2 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Otto’s team is 5-4 when he starts this season.
- Games started by Otto have a 4-4-1 record at hitting the over this season.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso paces the Mets with 22 home runs and 69 runs batted in.
- Alonso’s home runs rank fourth in MLB and he ranks first in RBI in MLB.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .241 with 11 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 29 walks.
- Lindor currently ranks 44th in homers and sixth in RBI in the majors.
- Starling Marte is hitting .275 with 16 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 13 walks.
- Jeff McNeil has a club-best .323 batting average.
Rangers Batting Leaders
- Garcia leads Texas in home runs (15) and runs batted in (49) this season while batting .259.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Garcia’s home run total is 20th, and his RBI total is 13th.
- Garcia has safely hit in 11 straight games. In his last 10 outings he is batting .341 with four doubles, a triple, three home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Corey Seager is slugging .423 this season, with a team-best 15 homers while driving in 35 runs.
- Among all major league hitters, Seager is 20th in homers and 68th in RBI.
- Marcus Semien has 68 hits this season and a slash line of .231/.289/.364.
- Semien heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .238 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and five RBI.
- Nate Lowe leads Texas with a .278 batting average. He’s also hit 10 homers and has 32 RBI.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Rangers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.