Two of baseball’s top hitters go head-to-head when the Cleveland Guardians (36-33) and Minnesota Twins (42-33) meet at 1:10 PM ET on Tuesday, at Progressive Field. Andres Gimenez has a .318 batting average (ninth in league) for the Guardians, while Luis Arraez ranks second at .345.
An expected tight contest pits the Guardians (-110 on the moneyline) against the Twins (-110). Devin Smeltzer will get the nod for the Minnesota Twins, but there’s been no pitching decision announced by the Cleveland Guardians yet. The game’s total is set at 9.
Guardians vs. Twins Predictions
Guardians vs. Twins Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Guardians vs. Twins Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Cleveland has been listed as the moneyline favorite by bookmakers only once in the last 10 games, and lost that matchup.
- In their last 10 outings, the Guardians and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total five times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Cleveland’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Minnesota is not favored for the first time in a while, as it has not been the underdog in its last 10 games.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Twins and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- Over its last 10 games, Minnesota is 4-6-0 against the spread.
Guardians vs. Twins Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Devin Smeltzer
- The southpaw did not pitch as the moneyline underdog in any games last season.
Guardians Batting Leaders
- Jose Ramirez has put up a team-high 16 home runs and 63 runs batted in.
- Ramirez ranks 17th in homers and third in RBI among all hitters in MLB play.
- Amed Rosario is batting .275 with 10 doubles, five triples, two home runs and 12 walks.
- Rosario currently ranks 285th in home runs and 193rd in RBI in the majors.
- Gimenez leads the Guardians with a .318 batting average.
- Gimenez takes an eight-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is hitting .378 with a double, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Steven Kwan is hitting .287 with seven doubles, three triples, a home run and 24 walks.
- Kwan has hit safely in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .353 with a triple, two walks and two RBI.
Twins Batting Leaders
- Arraez leads Minnesota with a batting average of .345. He’s also hit four home runs with 26 RBI.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Arraez is 201st in homers and 140th in RBI.
- Byron Buxton is batting .233 this season with a team-high 19 home runs and 35 RBI.
- Buxton is seventh in home runs and 60th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Max Kepler has collected 53 base hits, an OBP of .342 and a slugging percentage of .394 this season.
- Gio Urshela is batting .261 with an OBP of .314 and a slugging percentage of .402 this season.
- Urshela enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with three doubles, a walk and three RBI.
Where To Watch Guardians vs. Twins
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.