The San Francisco Giants (39-33) and Detroit Tigers (28-44) clash in the first of a two-game series on Tuesday at Oracle Park, at 9:45 PM ET. The Giants are coming off a series defeat to the Reds, and the Tigers a series win over the Diamondbacks.
The Giants are a home favorite (-175) against the Tigers (+150). The starting pitchers are Carlos Rodon (6-4) for the San Francisco Giants, and Tarik Skubal (5-5) for the Detroit Tigers. The over/under for the game is 7 total runs.
Giants vs. Tigers Predictions
Giants vs. Tigers Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Giants vs. Tigers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Francisco was favored on the moneyline in six of its last 10 games, and finished 3-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Giants and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total five times.
- San Francisco is 7-3-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In nine games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, Detroit has a record of 4-5.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Tigers and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times.
- Detroit has won five of its last 10 games against the spread.
Giants vs. Tigers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Carlos Rodón
- The Giants are 8-6-0 against the spread when Rodon starts.
- The Giants are 5-5 in Rodon’s 10 starts this season with San Francisco as the moneyline favorite.
- Rodon’s team has a 6-8 record in his starts this season.
- Rodon has had 14 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in five of those outings.
Projected starter: Tarik Skubal
- When Skubal starts, his team is 7-7-0 against the spread this season.
- His team is 3-6 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Skubal’s team is 7-7 when he starts this season.
- In games Skubal has started this season, the teams are 4-8-2 at hitting the over.
Giants Batting Leaders
- Thairo Estrada paces the Giants with a team-high batting average of .265.
- Estrada’s home runs rank 131st in MLB and he ranks 93rd in RBI in MLB.
- Estrada heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .278 with a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Wilmer Flores has been productive as he paces his team with 40 runs batted in.
- Flores ranks 71st in home runs among batters in MLB and 33rd in RBI.
- Joc Pederson has launched a team-high 17 home runs.
- Pederson has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with a double, two home runs and two RBI.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .245 with 16 doubles, eight home runs and 32 walks.
Tigers Batting Leaders
- Javier Baez is batting .217 this season with a team-high seven home runs and 25 RBI.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Baez is 102nd in home runs and 147th in RBI.
- Jonathan Schoop is batting .195 with an OBP of .230 and a slugging percentage of .318 this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Schoop is 131st in homers and 173rd in RBI.
- Harold Castro is slashing .280/.301/.433 this season for the Tigers.
- Miguel Cabrera leads Detroit in batting average (.296) this season while adding three home runs and 23 RBI.
- Cabrera has safely hit in five straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .350 with a walk and an RBI.
Where To Watch Giants vs. Tigers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.