The NL East-leading New York Mets (47-27) host the AL West-leading Houston Astros (45-27) at 7:10 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Astros are an underdog (+100 on the moneyline) when they square off against the Mets (-120). The Mets will start Carlos Carrasco (8-3) against the Astros and Luis Garcia (5-5). The total for the game is set at 8.5 total runs.
Mets vs. Astros Predictions
Mets vs. Astros Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mets vs. Astros Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York went 5-2 over the seven games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Mets and their opponents combined to go over the total six times (all 10 games had set totals).
- New York has gone 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Houston has played as the underdog in four of its past 10 games and has gone 2-2 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Astros and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times.
- Houston has a record of 7-3-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Mets vs. Astros Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Carlos Carrasco
- The Mets have gone 8-6-0 ATS in Carrasco’s 14 starts with a set spread.
- The Mets are 7-5 in Carrasco’s 12 starts this season with New York as the moneyline favorite.
- Carrasco’s team has an 8-6 record in his starts this season.
- Carrasco’s starts hit the over on the run total six times in 14 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Luis Garcia
- Garcia and his team have a record of 5-8-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Garcia’s team is 8-5 when he starts this season.
- Games started by Garcia have an 4-8-1 record at hitting the over this season.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso has racked up a team-high 22 home runs and 69 runs batted in.
- Alonso ranks second in home runs and first in RBI among all hitters in MLB play.
- Alonso has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .353 with a double, three home runs, two walks and five RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .246 with 11 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 28 walks.
- Lindor ranks 41st in home runs among hitters in MLB and fourth in RBI.
- Starling Marte is batting .272 with 14 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 13 walks.
- Marte brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .211 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Jeff McNeil has a club-high .327 batting average.
- McNeil brings an eight-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is batting .406 with three doubles, a home run, four walks and five RBI.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston in batting average (.312), home runs (22) and runs batted in (54) this season.
- Alvarez’s home run total ranks second in the big leagues, and he is sixth in RBI.
- Kyle Tucker is batting .254 with an OBP of .349 and a slugging percentage of .479 this season.
- Tucker is 25th in homers and 12th in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Alex Bregman is slashing .234/.358/.406 this season for the Astros.
- Jose Altuve is batting .275 with an OBP of .359 and a slugging percentage of .536 this season.
- Altuve heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .294 with two doubles, two home runs, five walks and two RBI.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Astros
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.