The New York Yankees (53-20) and Oakland Athletics (25-49) square off in the first of a three-game series on Monday at Yankee Stadium, at 7:05 PM ET. The Yankees are coming off a series split with the Astros, and the Athletics a series win over the Royals.
The Yankees are heavily favored (-301 on the moneyline to win) when they host the Athletics (+245). The Yankees will give the ball to Jordan Montgomery (3-1) versus the Athletics and Paul Blackburn (6-3). The contest has a set total of 8.5.
Yankees vs. Athletics Predictions
Yankees vs. Athletics Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Yankees vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York has a 5-4 record over the nine games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Yankees and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
- New York’s record against the spread is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Oakland has played as the underdog in eight of its past 10 games and has gone 4-4 in those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Athletics and their opponents are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Oakland has five wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Yankees vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jordan Montgomery
- When Montgomery starts, the Yankees are 4-10-0 against the spread.
- The Yankees have an 8-6 record in Montgomery’s 14 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Montgomery’s team has an 8-6 record in his starts this season.
- Montgomery has had 14 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and six of those matchups finished over the total.
Projected starter: Paul Blackburn
- Blackburn and his team have a record of 9-5-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team is 7-5 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Blackburn’s team is 9-5 when he starts this season.
- In games Blackburn has started this season, the teams are 6-8-0 at hitting the over.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Aaron Judge leads the Yankees with 28 home runs and 56 runs batted in, while accumulating a team-best batting average of .294.
- Among all hitters in MLB play, Judge’s home run total ranks first and his RBI tally ranks fourth.
- Anthony Rizzo is hitting .217 with 10 doubles, a triple, 19 home runs and 35 walks.
- Among all MLB hitters, Rizzo ranks sixth in homers and 10th in RBI.
- DJ LeMahieu is hitting .264 with 13 doubles, seven home runs and 31 walks.
- Gleyber Torres is batting .250 with 13 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 16 walks.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Seth Brown leads Oakland in home runs with 10 and runs batted in with 36.
- Brown’s home run total ranks 56th in the majors, and he is 53rd in RBI.
- Brown brings a six-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is batting .308 with three doubles, two home runs, two walks and five RBI.
- Sean Murphy has collected 53 hits this season and has an OBP of .296. He’s slugging .397 on the year.
- Murphy currently ranks 85th in homers and 101st in RBI in the major leagues.
- Murphy brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with two walks and two RBI.
- Tony Kemp leads Oakland with a .227 batting average while slugging two homers and driving in 12 runs.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .216 with an OBP of .276 and a slugging percentage of .330 this season.
Where To Watch Yankees vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.