The Boston Red Sox (40-31) will aim to keep a five-game winning streak going when they visit the Cleveland Guardians (36-30) at 6:10 PM ET on Saturday.
The Guardians are favored at home (-159) versus the Red Sox (+137). The scheduled starters are Shane Bieber (3-3) for the Cleveland Guardians, and Josh Winckowski (2-1) for the Boston Red Sox. The game’s total is set at 8.5.
Guardians vs. Red Sox Predictions
Guardians vs. Red Sox Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Guardians vs. Red Sox Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Cleveland has been listed as the moneyline favorite by bookmakers just two times in the last 10 games, and won both matchups.
- In their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Guardians and their opponents combined to go over the total three times.
- Cleveland has put together a 7-3-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Boston is not favored for the first time in a while, as it has not been the underdog in its last 10 games.
- The Red Sox and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Boston has a record of 6-4-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Guardians vs. Red Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Shane Bieber
- The Guardians have a 7-6-0 record against the spread in Bieber’s starts.
- The Guardians have a 7-2 record in Bieber’s nine starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Bieber’s team has won nine of his 13 starts.
- Bieber has had 13 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in six of those games.
Projected starter: Josh Winckowski
- When Winckowski starts, his team is 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- He has yet to start a game this season when his team was the moneyline underdog.
- In games Winckowski has started, his team is 2-1.
- In games Winckowski has started this season, the teams are 1-2-0 at hitting the over.
Guardians Batting Leaders
- Jose Ramirez has a team-best 16 home runs and 62 runs batted in.
- Among hitters in MLB action, Ramirez ranks 15th in home runs and second in RBI.
- Ramirez has safely hit in 13 straight games. During his last 10 games he is batting .326 with six doubles, a walk and six RBI.
- Andres Gimenez is batting .314 to pace his team.
- Gimenez ranks 80th in homers and 58th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Gimenez brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .400 with a double, a home run and three RBI.
- Josh Naylor has 13 doubles, eight home runs and 15 walks while batting .280.
- Naylor takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .316 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- Amed Rosario has 10 doubles, four triples, two home runs and 11 walks while batting .278.
- Rosario enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .348 with a home run and two RBI.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers leads Boston in home runs this season with 17 while driving in 44 runs.
- In all of MLB, Devers is 10th in home runs and 21st in RBI.
- Devers heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .294 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts leads Boston in batting with a .335 average while slugging six homers and driving in 31 runs.
- Bogaerts is 125th in homers and 83rd in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Bogaerts has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with two walks.
- J.D. Martinez is slashing .325/.394/.523 this season for the Red Sox.
- Alex Verdugo has 63 hits and an OBP of .290 to go with a slugging percentage of .361 this season.
- Verdugo brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with two doubles, a walk and three RBI.
Where To Watch Guardians vs. Red Sox
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.