The Boston Red Sox (39-31) aim to continue their four-game winning streak when they face the Cleveland Guardians (36-29) on Friday at 7:10 PM ET, at Progressive Field.
The Red Sox are projected as a close favorite (-117 on the moneyline) against the Guardians (-102). Neither the Red Sox nor the Guardians have named a starting pitcher for this contest. The contest has a set total of 8.5.
Red Sox vs. Guardians Predictions
Red Sox vs. Guardians Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Red Sox vs. Guardians Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Boston has a 7-2 record from the nine games it was favored on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Red Sox and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times.
- Boston has gone 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In seven games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, Cleveland has a record of 5-2.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Guardians and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times.
- Cleveland has a record of 8-2-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Red Sox vs. Guardians Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers has launched a team-high 16 home runs.
- Devers’ home runs rank 14th in MLB and he ranks 21st in RBI in MLB.
- Devers enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .313 with a double, two walks and three RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts is hitting .335 to pace his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Bogaerts ranks 125th in homers and 83rd in RBI.
- Bogaerts heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with two walks.
- J.D. Martinez is hitting .326 with 23 doubles, eight home runs and 25 walks.
- Trevor Story has put up 48 runs batted in to lead his team.
- Story has hit safely in six games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .205 with a double, two home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
Guardians Batting Leaders
- Jose Ramirez is batting .305 with 16 home runs and 62 RBI. All three of those stats are tops among Cleveland hitters this season.
- Ramirez ranks 14th in home runs and second in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Ramirez heads into this game on a 12-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is hitting .381 with eight doubles, a home run, a walk and seven RBI.
- Josh Naylor has collected 46 hits this season and has an OBP of .344. He’s slugging .506 on the year.
- Naylor is 79th overall in home runs and 34th in RBI this year.
- Naylor heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .316 with three doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- Amed Rosario has collected 67 base hits, an OBP of .309 and a slugging percentage of .374 this season.
- Rosario heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Steven Kwan is batting .283 with an OBP of .363 and a slugging percentage of .370 this season.
Where To Watch Red Sox vs. Guardians
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.