The NL East-leading New York Mets (45-24) visit the AL West-leading Houston Astros (41-25) at 8:10 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Mets (+115 underdog moneyline odds) are away versus the Astros (-136). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Houston Astros looking to Jose Urquidy (5-3), and Trevor Williams (1-3) taking the ball for the New York Mets. The over/under for the game is set at 9 total runs.
Astros vs. Mets Predictions
Astros vs. Mets Betting Odds
Astros vs. Mets Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston has a 5-5 record from the 10 games it was favored on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Astros and their opponents combined to hit the over five times.
- Houston has a 3-7-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- New York has been the underdog twice in the last 10 games and split those matchups 1-1.
- The Mets and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times in their last 10 games with a total.
- New York has a record of 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Astros vs. Mets Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: José Urquidy
- The Astros have a 7-5-0 record against the spread in Urquidy’s starts.
- The Astros have been the moneyline favorite in nine of Urquidy’s starts this season, and they went 6-3 in those matchups.
- Urquidy’s team is 8-4 in his 12 starts.
- Urquidy has started 12 contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in six of them.
Projected starter: Trevor Williams
- Williams’ team is 3-2-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team is 2-0 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- In games Williams has started, his team is 3-2.
- In games Williams has started this season, the teams are 2-2-1 at hitting the over.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez leads the Astros with 18 home runs and 47 runs batted in, while accumulating a team-high batting average of .311.
- Among hitters in MLB play, Alvarez ranks fifth in homers and 10th in RBI.
- Kyle Tucker is hitting .260 with nine doubles, 13 home runs and 31 walks.
- Tucker ranks 22nd in home runs and 18th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Alex Bregman has 14 doubles, seven home runs and 39 walks while hitting .218.
- Bregman has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .167 with a home run, four walks and two RBI.
- Michael Brantley is batting .292 with 13 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 29 walks.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso leads New York in home runs with 19 and runs batted in with 64.
- Alonso ranks third in homers and first in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Francisco Lindor has 64 hits and an OBP of .321 to go with a slugging percentage of .417 this season.
- Lindor ranks 42nd overall in homers and fourth in RBI this season.
- Lindor enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with two home runs and seven RBI.
- Jeff McNeil’s batting average of .327 leads all New York hitters this season.
- McNeil takes an eight-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is hitting .406 with three doubles, a home run, four walks and five RBI.
- Starling Marte has collected 66 hits this season and has an OBP of .325. He’s slugging .441 on the year.
- Marte has safely hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a double, a triple, two walks and an RBI.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Mets
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.