The Pittsburgh Pirates (26-39) host the Chicago Cubs (25-41) in NL Central action, at 7:05 PM ET on Monday.
The Pirates are a tight favorite (-110 on the moneyline) when they take the field against the Cubs (-108). The starting pitchers are JT Brubaker (0-7) for the Pittsburgh Pirates, and Caleb Kilian (0-1) for the Chicago Cubs. The contest has a set total of 8.5.
Pirates vs. Cubs Predictions
Pirates vs. Cubs Betting Odds
Pirates vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Pittsburgh has not been the moneyline favorite over the last 10 games.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Pirates and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
- Pittsburgh has gone 2-8-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in nine of its past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cubs and their opponents are 4-6-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Over its last 10 games, Chicago is 3-7-0 against the spread.
Pirates vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: JT Brubaker
- The Pirates have gone 4-9-0 ATS in Brubaker’s 13 starts that had a set spread.
- The Pirates have been the moneyline favorite in four of Brubaker’s starts this season, and they went 2-2 in those games.
- Brubaker’s team is 5-8 in his 13 starts.
- Brubaker’s starts went over the run total five times in 13 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Caleb Kilian
- Kilian has a record of 0-2-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Kilian’s team is 0-2 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Kilian this season, the teams hit the over.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds has launched a team-high 11 home runs.
- In baseball, Reynolds ranks 42nd in home runs and 160th in RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 22 runs batted in while hitting .270. Both lead his team.
- Hayes ranks 273rd in home runs and 151st in RBI among hitters in MLB.
- Jack Suwinski has launched a team-high 11 home runs.
- Suwinski enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .357 with three home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Michael Chavis’ 22 runs batted in lead his team.
- Chavis heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .125 with two walks.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Willson Contreras leads Chicago with 12 home runs this season. He’s batting .283 with 27 RBI.
- Contreras’ home run total ranks 32nd in MLB, and he is 105th in RBI.
- Contreras has hit safely in seven games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .308 with three doubles, two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Ian Happ is batting .284 to lead Chicago, while adding seven homers and 31 runs batted in this season.
- Happ ranks 89th among hitters in MLB in homers, and 69th in RBI.
- Happ has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .412 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom is slugging .445 this season, with a team-high 12 home runs. He’s also collected 31 RBI.
- Nico Hoerner has 47 hits and an OBP of .301 to go with a slugging percentage of .383 this season.
Where To Watch Pirates vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.