The Los Angeles Angels (33-36) and Kansas City Royals (23-42) clash on Monday at 9:38 PM ET, beginning a three-game series at Angel Stadium.
The Royals are an underdog (+160 moneyline odds to win) when they visit the Angels (-189). The Angels will start Noah Syndergaard (4-5) against the Royals and Kris Bubic (0-4). The contest has a set total of 8.5.
Angels vs. Royals Predictions
Angels vs. Royals Betting Odds
Angels vs. Royals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Los Angeles played as the moneyline favorite in four of its last 10 games, and finished 3-1 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Angels and their opponents combined to hit the over three times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Los Angeles’ ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- In seven games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by bookmakers, Kansas City has a record of 4-3.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Royals and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times.
- Kansas City is 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Angels vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Noah Syndergaard
- The Angels have gone 4-6-0 ATS in Syndergaard’s 10 starts that had a set spread.
- The Angels are 4-4 in Syndergaard’s eight starts this season with Los Angeles as the moneyline favorite.
- Syndergaard’s team has won four of his 10 starts.
- Syndergaard has started 10 games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in four of them.
Projected starter: Kris Bubic
- Bubic and his team have a record of 3-5-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 20% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 1-4.
- Bubic’s team has a 3-5 record in his starts this season.
- Out of Bubic’s eight starts with a total this season, five have hit the over.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Mike Trout has accumulated a team-high batting average of .290, while pacing the Angels in home runs (21) and runs batted in (43).
- Among all hitters in MLB, Trout’s home run total ranks second and his RBI tally ranks 17th.
- Trout takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with five home runs, two walks and nine RBI.
- Shohei Ohtani has 13 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 24 walks while hitting .242.
- Ohtani ranks 22nd in home runs and 29th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Taylor Ward has seven doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 26 walks while hitting .309.
- Jared Walsh is batting .255 with 11 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 14 walks.
- Walsh enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a home run, a walk and two RBI.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Bobby Witt Jr. leads Kansas City in runs batted in with 32 while batting .241.
- Witt Jr. ranks 69th in home runs and 62nd in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Whit Merrifield is batting .226 with an OBP of .271 and a slugging percentage of .308 this season.
- Merrifield ranks 228th in homers and 96th in RBI among all batters in the major leagues.
- Andrew Benintendi leads Kansas City with a .295 batting average while slugging two homers and driving in 23 runs.
- Hunter Dozier has 55 hits and an OBP of .326 to go with a slugging percentage of .420 this season.
Where To Watch Angels vs. Royals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.