The Atlanta Braves (38-29) host the San Francisco Giants (37-28) to kick off a four-game series at Truist Park, with first pitch at 7:20 PM ET on Monday. The Braves are coming off a series defeat to the Cubs, and the Giants a series win over the Pirates.
The Giants are an underdog (+119 moneyline odds to win) when they visit the Braves (-140). The scheduled starters are Max Fried (7-2) for the Atlanta Braves, and Logan Webb (6-2) for the San Francisco Giants. The matchup has an over/under set at 8 total runs.
Braves vs. Giants Predictions
Braves vs. Giants Betting Odds
Braves vs. Giants Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Atlanta was favored on the moneyline in nine of its last 10 games, and finished 7-2 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (nine of them had set totals), the Braves and their opponents combined to hit the over four times.
- Atlanta’s record against the spread is 7-2-0 over its past 10 games (oddsmakers set spreads in nine of those games).
- In three games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, San Francisco has a perfect record of 3-0.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Giants and their opponents have failed to hit the over nine times.
- Over its last 10 games, San Francisco is 7-3-0 against the spread.
Braves vs. Giants Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Max Fried
- When Fried starts, the Braves are 9-4-0 against the spread.
- The Braves are 6-3 in Fried’s nine starts this season with Atlanta as the moneyline favorite.
- In Fried’s 13 starts, his team is 9-4.
- Fried has started 13 contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in seven of them.
Projected starter: Logan Webb
- Webb and his team are 6-7-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has been defeated in each of the three games he’s started as the moneyline underdog.
- Webb’s team is 9-4 when he starts this season.
- Games Webb has started this season hit the over seven times in 14 chances.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Austin Riley has racked up a team-high 18 home runs and 41 runs batted in.
- In MLB action, Riley ranks fifth in home runs and 21st in RBI.
- Dansby Swanson has a club-high .290 batting average.
- Swanson ranks 53rd in home runs and 29th in RBI among batters in MLB.
- Swanson brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with a double, a home run, four walks and an RBI.
- Matt Olson has 27 doubles, eight home runs and 40 walks while hitting .251.
- Marcell Ozuna is hitting .227 with nine doubles, 12 home runs and 17 walks.
Giants Batting Leaders
- Wilmer Flores has been key for San Francisco with 52 hits, an OBP of .318 plus a slugging percentage of .407.
- Flores is 69th in homers and 40th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Thairo Estrada leads San Francisco in batting with a .264 average while slugging five homers and driving in 27 runs.
- Estrada is 143rd in home runs and 105th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Estrada has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .118 with a home run, two walks and an RBI.
- Joc Pederson leads the club in homers (14) and runs batted in (36) this season.
- Mike Yastrzemski has 48 hits and an OBP of .371 to go with a slugging percentage of .443 this season.
Where To Watch Braves vs. Giants
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.