The Kansas City Royals (23-41) have a 2-0 series lead, aiming to sweep the Oakland Athletics (22-45) on Sunday at Oakland Coliseum, at 4:07 PM ET.
The Athletics are an underdog (+120 moneyline odds) when they take on the Royals (-140). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Kansas City Royals looking to Brady Singer (3-1), and Jared Koenig (0-2) taking the ball for the Oakland Athletics. The total for the game is set at 7.5 total runs.
Royals vs. Athletics Predictions
Royals vs. Athletics Betting Odds
Royals vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- In the last 10 games, Kansas City has been named the moneyline favorite by oddsmakers only twice, and it split those games.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Royals and their opponents combined to hit the over four times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Kansas City’s record against the spread is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Oakland has played as the underdog in eight of its past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Athletics and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- Over its last 10 games, Oakland is 3-7-0 against the spread.
Royals vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Brady Singer
- When Singer starts, the Royals have gone 5-3-0 against the spread.
- The Royals were favored on the moneyline for one Singer start this season — they lost.
- Singer’s team has put together a 3-3 record over his six starts.
- Singer has had eight starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and four of those outings finished over the total.
Projected starter: Jared Koenig
- Koenig has a record of 0-2-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team is 0-2 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Koenig’s team is 0-2 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Koenig this season, the teams hit the over once.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Bobby Witt Jr. has driven in a team-best 32 runs batted in.
- Among hitters in MLB play, Witt Jr. ranks 64th in home runs and 59th in RBI.
- Witt Jr. enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .238 with a double and two RBI.
- Whit Merrifield is batting .228 with 13 doubles, three home runs and 17 walks.
- Merrifield ranks 226th in home runs and 89th in RBI this season.
- Merrifield has safely hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with a walk and three RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi has accumulated a team-best batting average of .301.
- Benintendi takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .278 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Hunter Dozier has 12 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 17 walks while hitting .258.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Elvis Andrus is batting .222 with three home runs and 11 RBI for Oakland this season.
- Andrus ranks 226th in homers and 285th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Seth Brown leads Oakland in home runs with eight and runs batted in with 31.
- Among all MLB batters, Brown is 64th in home runs and 64th in RBI.
- Sean Murphy has collected 44 base hits, an OBP of .281 and a slugging percentage of .380 this season.
- Tony Kemp leads Oakland with a .230 batting average.
Where To Watch Royals vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.