The Oakland Athletics (22-43) and Kansas City Royals (21-41) clash in the first of a three-game series on Friday at Oakland Coliseum, at 9:40 PM ET. The Athletics are coming off a series defeat to the Red Sox, and the Royals a series loss to the Giants.
The Athletics are a home favorite (-164) against the Royals (+141). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Oakland Athletics looking to Frankie Montas (3-6), and Daniel Lynch (2-6) answering the bell for the Kansas City Royals. The contest has a set total of 7.
Athletics vs. Royals Predictions
Athletics vs. Royals Betting Odds
Athletics vs. Royals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Oakland was listed as the moneyline favorite by bookmakers only one time over the last 10 games, and lost that matchup.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Athletics combined with their opponents to go over the run total five times.
- Oakland’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- In seven games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, Kansas City has a record of 3-4.
- In their last nine games with a total, the Royals and their opponents have failed to hit the over five times.
- Kansas City has won four of its last nine games against the spread.
Athletics vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Frankie Montas
- The Athletics have gone 3-10-0 ATS in Montás’ 13 starts that had a set spread.
- The Athletics are 1-5 in Montás’ six starts this season with Oakland as the moneyline favorite.
- Montás’ team has a 3-10 record in his starts this season.
- Montás has started 13 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in four of them.
Projected starter: Daniel Lynch
- Lynch and his team are 5-5-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has won 40% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (4-6).
- Lynch’s team has won four of his 11 starts.
- In games Lynch has started this season, the teams are 6-4-0 at hitting the over.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Seth Brown paces the Athletics in home runs (eight) and runs batted in (31).
- Brown’s home runs rank 59th in MLB and he ranks 61st in RBI in MLB.
- Elvis Andrus has 16 doubles, three home runs and 17 walks while batting .219.
- Andrus ranks 220th in home runs and 278th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Sean Murphy is batting .208 with 15 doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 19 walks.
- Murphy takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with a double, a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Tony Kemp is batting .234 to lead his team.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Bobby Witt Jr. leads Kansas City in runs batted in with 32 and has a batting average of .246.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Witt Jr. is 59th in home runs and 54th in RBI.
- Whit Merrifield is batting .220 with an OBP of .260 and a slugging percentage of .307 this season.
- Merrifield is 220th overall in homers and 94th in RBI this year.
- Andrew Benintendi leads Kansas City with a .301 batting average while slugging two homers and driving in 22 runs.
- Benintendi enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .118 with a double and two walks.
- Hunter Dozier has collected 54 hits this season and has an OBP of .323. He’s slugging .433 on the year.
Where To Watch Athletics vs. Royals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.