The San Francisco Giants (35-27) and Pittsburgh Pirates (25-37) clash on Friday at 7:05 PM ET, beginning a three-game series at PNC Park.
The Giants are a favorite (-210) against the Pirates (+180). The Pirates will give the start to Zach Thompson, but the Giants’ starter is yet to be announced for this game. The over/under in the game is set at 8 total runs.
Giants vs. Pirates Predictions
Giants vs. Pirates Betting Odds
Giants vs. Pirates Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Francisco has a 4-3 record across the seven games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Giants did not combine with their opponents to go over the run total. All 10 had set totals.
- San Francisco’s record against the spread is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Pittsburgh has played as the underdog in eight of its past 10 games and has won one of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Pirates and their opponents have failed to hit the over five times.
- Pittsburgh has won one of its last 10 games against the spread.
Giants vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Zach Thompson
- The right-hander did not appear in a game when his team was the moneyline underdog last season.
Giants Batting Leaders
- Thairo Estrada is batting .268 with 12 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 14 walks.
- In MLB action, Estrada ranks 173rd in home runs and 101st in RBI.
- Wilmer Flores has racked up 34 runs batted in to pace his team.
- Flores currently ranks 77th in homers and 33rd in RBI in the majors.
- Joc Pederson has a team-high 13 home runs.
- Pederson takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with two walks and an RBI.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .269 to lead his team.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh with 11 home runs this season. He’s batting .257 with 21 RBI.
- Among all batters in MLB, Reynolds ranks 36th in homers and 149th in RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes leads Pittsburgh in runs batted in with 22 while batting .272 with two homers.
- Hayes currently ranks 261st in home runs and 138th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Michael Chavis leads Pittsburgh in runs batted in (22) this season. He has a .264 batting average and a .442 slugging percentage.
- Daniel Vogelbach has 33 hits and an OBP of .295 to go with a slugging percentage of .396 this season.
Where To Watch Giants vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.