The Minnesota Twins (37-28) and Arizona Diamondbacks (30-35) clash in the first of a three-game series on Friday at Chase Field, at 9:40 PM ET. The Twins are coming off a series victory over the Mariners, and the Diamondbacks a series loss to the Reds.
As the favorite, the Twins (-140 moneyline odds to win) take the field at the Diamondbacks (+120). The scheduled starters are Devin Smeltzer (3-0) for the Minnesota Twins, and Madison Bumgarner (2-6) for the Arizona Diamondbacks. The over/under for this game is 9.
Twins vs. Diamondbacks Predictions
Twins vs. Diamondbacks Betting Odds
Twins vs. Diamondbacks Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- In the last 10 games, Minnesota was listed as the moneyline favorite by oddsmakers just twice, and it won both games.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Twins combined with their opponents to hit the over on the total five times.
- Minnesota has put together a 6-4-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In seven games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by oddsmakers, Arizona has a record of 3-4.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Diamondbacks and their opponents are 5-5-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Over its last 10 games, Arizona is 4-6-0 against the spread.
Twins vs. Diamondbacks Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Devin Smeltzer
- The Twins have gone 5-1-0 ATS in Smeltzer’s six starts with a set spread.
- The Twins have been favored on the moneyline in four of Smeltzer’s starts this season, and they went 3-1 in those games.
- Smeltzer’s team has a 4-2 record in his starts this season.
- Smeltzer’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in four of six games.
Projected starter: Madison Bumgarner
- Bumgarner’s team is 7-6-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team has won 38.5% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (5-8).
- Bumgarner’s team is 5-8 when he starts this season.
- Out of Bumgarner’s 13 starts with a total this season, five have hit the over.
Twins Batting Leaders
- Luis Arraez paces the Twins with a .354 batting average.
- In baseball, Arraez ranks 219th in homers and 149th in RBI.
- Byron Buxton’s 18 home runs are a team-high mark.
- Buxton ranks second in home runs and 51st in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Jorge Polanco paces the Twins with 33 runs batted in.
- Max Kepler is hitting .243 with nine doubles, a triple, six home runs and 26 walks.
Diamondbacks Batting Leaders
- Christian Walker leads Arizona in home runs (16) and runs batted in (33) this season while batting .201.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Walker is seventh in homers and 42nd in RBI.
- Ketel Marte’s batting average of .269 leads all Arizona hitters this season.
- Marte is 173rd overall in home runs and 138th in RBI this season.
- Marte has safely hit in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .278 with two doubles, two walks and two RBI.
- Daulton Varsho is slashing .247/.312/.433 this season for the Diamondbacks.
- Varsho takes a six-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is hitting .238 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and six RBI.
- David Peralta is batting .236 with an OBP of .304 and a slugging percentage of .436 this season.
- Peralta heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with three doubles and two RBI.
Where To Watch Twins vs. Diamondbacks
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.