The Los Angeles Dodgers (39-23) host the Cleveland Guardians (32-27) at 10:10 PM ET on Friday, featuring two top-10 sluggers. Mookie Betts has 17 home runs (fifth in league) for the Dodgers, while Jose Ramirez ranks seventh with 16 long balls for the Guardians.
The Dodgers are favored (-266 moneyline odds) when they take the field at home against the Guardians (+218). The Los Angeles Dodgers will give the start to Clayton Kershaw (4-1, 2.12 ERA), who is looking for win No. 5 on the season, and the Guardians will counter with Zach Plesac (2-4, 4.70 ERA). The total in the game is set at 8 total runs.
Dodgers vs. Guardians Predictions
Dodgers vs. Guardians Betting Odds
Dodgers vs. Guardians Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Los Angeles has a 4-6 record over the 10 games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Dodgers and their opponents combined to go over the run total two times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Los Angeles has a 4-6-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Cleveland has been the underdog once in the past 10 games and won that contest.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Guardians and their opponents are 4-4-3 in their last 11 games with a total.
- Cleveland has won six of its last 11 games against the spread.
Dodgers vs. Guardians Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Clayton Kershaw
- When Kershaw starts, the Dodgers have gone 4-2-0 against the spread.
- The Dodgers are 4-2 in Kershaw’s six starts this season with Los Angeles as the moneyline favorite.
- Over Kershaw’s six starts, his team is 4-2.
- Kershaw has had six starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and three of those outings finished over the total.
Projected starter: Zach Plesac
- Plesac and his team are 5-6-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has won 28.6% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (2-5).
- In games Plesac has started, his team is 4-7.
- Games started by Plesac have a 7-4-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Dodgers Batting Leaders
- Betts has hit a team-high 17 home runs.
- Betts’ home runs rank fifth in MLB and he ranks 17th in RBI in MLB.
- Trea Turner has 48 runs batted in while hitting .298. Both are team-highs.
- Turner ranks 58th in home runs and fifth in RBI among hitters in MLB action.
- Turner enters this game on a nine-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .282 with three home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Freddie Freeman is hitting .286 with 21 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 32 walks.
- Will Smith is batting .244 with seven doubles, eight home runs and 27 walks.
Guardians Batting Leaders
- Ramirez is batting .311 with 16 home runs and 62 RBI. All three of those stats are tops among Cleveland hitters this season.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Ramirez’s home run total is seventh, and his RBI total is first.
- Ramirez has hit safely in eight games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is batting .375 with eight doubles, two home runs, four walks and nine RBI.
- Owen Miller is batting .268 with an OBP of .321 and a slugging percentage of .421 this season.
- Among all MLB batters, Miller is 175th in homers and 58th in RBI.
- Miller heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .368 with four doubles, a walk and four RBI.
- Andres Gimenez is slashing .304/.347/.516 this season for the Guardians.
- Gimenez brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with four walks and an RBI.
- Amed Rosario has collected 59 hits this season and has an OBP of .303. He’s slugging .359 on the year.
- Rosario brings a 10-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .429 with three doubles, a triple, a home run and five RBI.
Where To Watch Dodgers vs. Guardians
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.