The Houston Astros (39-24) and Chicago White Sox (30-31) square off in the first of a three-game series on Friday at Minute Maid Park, at 8:10 PM ET. The Astros are coming off a series victory over the Rangers, and the White Sox a series win over the Tigers.
The White Sox are an underdog (+160 on the moneyline) when they take the field at the Astros (-190). The Houston Astros will give the start to Framber Valdez (6-3, 2.64 ERA), who is looking for win No. 7 on the season, and the White Sox will counter with Lucas Giolito (4-2, 3.88 ERA). The game’s over/under is 8.
Astros vs. White Sox Predictions
Astros vs. White Sox Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. White Sox Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston has a 5-5 record from the 10 games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Astros and their opponents combined to go over the run total six times.
- Houston has put together a 4-6-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in five of its past 10 games and won three of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the White Sox and their opponents have failed to hit the over three times.
- Over its last 10 games, Chicago is 6-4-0 against the spread.
Astros vs. White Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Framber Valdez
- When Valdez starts, the Astros have gone 7-5-0 against the spread.
- The Astros have been favored on the moneyline in 10 of Valdez’s starts this season, and they went 6-4 in those games.
- Over Valdez’s 12 starts, his team is 7-5.
- Valdez’s starts went over the run total three times in 12 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Lucas Giolito
- Giolito and his team have a record of 4-6-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team is 1-1 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Giolito’s team has won four of his 10 starts.
- In games Giolito has started this season, the teams are 6-3-1 at hitting the over.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez has accumulated a team-high batting average of .312, while pacing the Astros in home runs (17) and runs batted in (45).
- Alvarez ranks fifth in home runs and seventh in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Kyle Tucker is hitting .260 with eight doubles, 12 home runs and 31 walks.
- Tucker currently ranks 25th in homers and 20th in RBI in the bigs.
- Tucker takes a 14-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is batting .351 with a double, four home runs, six walks and 10 RBI.
- Alex Bregman has 14 doubles, six home runs and 36 walks while hitting .214.
- Jose Altuve is hitting .274 with 11 doubles, 12 home runs and 18 walks.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Jose Abreu is batting .272 this season with a team-high nine home runs and 30 RBI.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Abreu is 47th in home runs and 67th in RBI.
- Abreu brings a six-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is hitting .375 with three doubles, two home runs, 10 walks and seven RBI.
- Luis Robert is batting .283 to lead Chicago, while adding six homers and 24 runs batted in this season.
- Among all major league hitters, Robert ranks 105th in home runs and 120th in RBI.
- Robert has safely hit in seven straight games. In his last 10 outings he is batting .273 with a double, two walks and five RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn is slashing .309/.364/.473 this season for the White Sox.
- Vaughn enters this matchup on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .458 with a double, three walks and six RBI.
- Jake Burger is batting .273 with an OBP of .322 and a slugging percentage of .508 this season.
Where To Watch Astros vs. White Sox
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.