The Detroit Tigers hope to break their five-game losing run versus the Texas Rangers (30-33), on Friday at 7:10 PM ET.
The Tigers (-115 moneyline odds to win) and the Rangers (-104) will take the field in a projected close matchup. The Tigers will give the ball to Tarik Skubal (5-3) against the Rangers and Jon Gray (1-3). The over/under for the game is set at 7.5 total runs.
Tigers vs. Rangers Predictions
Tigers vs. Rangers Betting Odds
Tigers vs. Rangers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Over the last 10 games, Detroit was listed as the moneyline favorite by bookmakers just once, a game it lost.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Tigers and their opponents combined to go over the total five times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Detroit has a 4-6-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by oddsmakers, Texas has a record of 5-5.
- In their last 11 games with a total, the Rangers and their opponents are 5-4-2 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Texas has a record of 7-4-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Tigers vs. Rangers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Tarik Skubal
- The Tigers have gone 7-5-0 against the spread when Skubal starts.
- The Tigers were favored on the moneyline for four Skubal starts this season — they won each time.
- Skubal’s team has put together a 7-5 record in his 12 starts.
- Skubal’s starts hit the over on the run total four times in 12 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Jon Gray
- Gray and his team have a record of 7-3-0 against the spread when he starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Texas has a record of 3-6 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Gray’s team has a 4-6 record in his starts this season.
- In Gray’s 10 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over seven times.
Tigers Batting Leaders
- Harold Castro has eight doubles, a triple, four home runs and three walks while batting .293.
- In MLB play, Castro ranks 177th in homers and 199th in RBI.
- Jonathan Schoop has hit five home runs to lead his team.
- Schoop ranks 133rd in home runs among hitters in baseball and 175th in RBI.
- Schoop has hit safely in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .188 with .
- Miguel Cabrera leads the Tigers in runs batted in (21) and has accumulated a team-best batting average of .294.
- Cabrera takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with an RBI.
- Austin Meadows is batting .250 with six doubles, two triples and 16 walks.
- Meadows takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .188 with a double and three walks.
Rangers Batting Leaders
- Corey Seager is batting .222 this season with a team-high 13 home runs.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Seager is 17th in home runs and 75th in RBI.
- Adolis Garcia is a key run producer for Texas with a .244 average, 12 homers and 41 RBI.
- Garcia ranks 25th in home runs and 13th in RBI among all major league batters this year.
- Marcus Semien has 55 hits this season and a slash line of .221/.286/.341.
- Nate Lowe leads Texas with a batting average of .276. He’s also hit eight home runs with 24 RBI.
Where To Watch Tigers vs. Rangers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.