The Philadelphia Phillies (32-31) and Washington Nationals (23-42) clash in NL East play, on Thursday at 7:05 PM ET.
As the favorite, the Phillies (-165 on the moneyline) play at the Nationals (+145). The starting pitchers are Zack Wheeler (5-3) for the Philadelphia Phillies, and Patrick Corbin (3-8) for the Washington Nationals. The matchup has an over/under of 9.5 total runs.
Phillies vs. Nationals Predictions
Phillies vs. Nationals Betting Odds
Phillies vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Philadelphia has a 6-2 record across the eight games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Phillies and their opponents combined to go over the total six times.
- Philadelphia has gone 7-3-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Washington has played as the underdog in nine of its past 10 games and has gone 3-6 in those contests.
- In their last nine games with a total, the Nationals and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times.
- Washington has won four of its last nine games against the spread.
Phillies vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Zack Wheeler
- The Phillies have gone 6-5-0 ATS in Wheeler’s 11 starts that had a set spread.
- The Phillies have been favored on the moneyline in 10 of Wheeler’s starts this season, and they went 5-5 in those matchups.
- Wheeler’s team is 6-5 in his 11 starts.
- Wheeler has started 11 contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in six of them.
Projected starter: Patrick Corbin
- Corbin and his team have a record of 4-9-0 against the spread when he starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Washington has a record of 2-9 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Corbin’s team has a 3-10 record in his starts this season.
- Out of Corbin’s 13 starts with a total this season, four have hit the over.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Bryce Harper paces the Phillies with 46 runs batted in while accumulating a team-best batting average of .317.
- In MLB play, Harper ranks 14th in homers and sixth in RBI.
- Harper brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .313 with a double, five walks and an RBI.
- Rhys Hoskins is hitting .253 with 11 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 28 walks.
- Hoskins ranks 17th in home runs and 29th in RBI among hitters in MLB.
- Hoskins has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .500 with two doubles, a triple, two home runs, three walks and seven RBI.
- Kyle Schwarber has hit a team-high 16 home runs.
- Nicholas Castellanos is hitting .253 with 14 doubles, seven home runs and 18 walks.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Juan Soto is batting .219 this season with a team-high 13 home runs.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Soto’s home run total is 17th, and his RBI total is 77th.
- Josh Bell is a key run producer for Washington with a .294 average, seven homers and 38 RBI.
- Bell is 74th overall in home runs and 22nd in RBI this season.
- Nelson Cruz has collected 57 base hits, an OBP of .337 and a slugging percentage of .397 this season.
- Cesar Hernandez is batting .269 with an OBP of .316 and a slugging percentage of .328 this season.
- Hernandez enters this game on a six-game hitting streak. During his last 10 games he is hitting .233 with a double, three walks and two RBI.
Where To Watch Phillies vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.