The Chicago Cubs (23-38) match up with the San Diego Padres (39-24) after Willson Contreras homered twice in a 12-5 defeat to the Padres. The game begins at 8:05 PM ET on Wednesday.
The Cubs (-117 moneyline odds to win) and the Padres (-102) will take the field in an expected close contest. The Cubs will start Caleb Kilian against the Padres and Ryan Weathers. The contest has a set total of 11.5.
Cubs vs. Padres Predictions
Cubs vs. Padres Betting Odds
Cubs vs. Padres Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Chicago went 1-2 over the three games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Cubs and their opponents combined to hit the over five times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Chicago has a 2-8-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- San Diego has been the underdog once in the past 10 games and won that contest.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Padres and their opponents are 6-4-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- San Diego has a record of 6-4-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Cubs vs. Padres Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Caleb Kilian
- Kilian and his team were moneyline underdogs every time he pitched a season ago.
Projected starter: Ryan Weathers
- The left-hander did not appear in a game when his team was the moneyline underdog last season.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Contreras has racked up a team-high batting average of .279, while leading the Cubs in home runs (12).
- In MLB play, Contreras ranks 23rd in home runs and 94th in RBI.
- Contreras has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .294 with a double, two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Ian Happ is hitting .274 with 12 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 33 walks.
- Happ currently ranks 74th in homers and 63rd in RBI in the bigs.
- Happ has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with a triple, a home run, two walks and an RBI.
- Frank Schwindel paces the Cubs with 32 runs batted in.
- Schwindel has hit safely in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .238 with two RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom has shown off his power as he leads his team with 12 home runs.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado leads San Diego in home runs with 10, runs batted in with 38 and his batting average of .315 is also best on his team.
- Machado is 38th in homers and 18th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Jurickson Profar has 57 hits and an OBP of .343 to go with a slugging percentage of .414 this season.
- Profar currently ranks 74th in home runs and 39th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Jake Cronenworth has 57 hits this season and a slash line of .238/.327/.385.
- Cronenworth brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .389 with two doubles, two walks and an RBI.
- Eric Hosmer is batting .282 with an OBP of .342 and a slugging percentage of .394 this season.
- Hosmer enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .188 with a double, two walks and three RBI.
Where To Watch Cubs vs. Padres
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.