The San Francisco Giants (33-26) and Kansas City Royals (20-39) square off on Monday at 9:45 PM ET, opening a three-game series at Oracle Park.
The Giants are favored at home (-175) versus the Royals (+145). The Giants will start Alex Wood (3-5) against the Royals and Brady Singer (3-1). The game’s over/under is set at 8.
Giants vs. Royals Predictions
Giants vs. Royals Betting Odds
Giants vs. Royals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Francisco has a 3-2 record from the five games it was favored on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Giants and their opponents combined to hit the over two times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- San Francisco is 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In seven games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, Kansas City has a record of 3-4.
- In their last nine games with a total, the Royals and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times.
- Kansas City has four wins against the spread in its last nine chances.
Giants vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Alex Wood
- When Wood starts, the Giants have gone 3-8-0 against the spread.
- The Giants have been the moneyline favorite in nine of Wood’s starts this season, and they went 5-4 in those games.
- Over Wood’s 11 starts, his team is 5-6.
- Wood has had 11 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in six of those matchups.
Projected starter: Brady Singer
- Singer and his team are 5-2-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 83.3% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 5-1.
- Singer’s team has won three of his five starts.
- Out of Singer’s seven starts with a total this season, four have hit the over.
Giants Batting Leaders
- Wilmer Flores has racked up a team-high 33 runs batted in.
- In baseball, Flores ranks 68th in homers and 35th in RBI.
- Thairo Estrada’s .277 batting average is a team-high mark.
- Among all MLB hitters, Estrada ranks 170th in homers and 97th in RBI.
- Estrada has hit safely in five straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with a triple, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Joc Pederson has launched a team-best 13 home runs.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .275 with 14 doubles, six home runs and 26 walks.
Royals Batting Leaders
- Bobby Witt Jr. leads Kansas City in runs batted in with 30 while batting .244.
- Witt Jr. ranks 54th in home runs and 59th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Witt Jr. heads into this matchup on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .588 with a double, a triple, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Whit Merrifield is batting .221 with an OBP of .264 and a slugging percentage of .311 this season.
- Merrifield is 213th overall in homers and 97th in RBI this year.
- Andrew Benintendi is batting .303 to lead Kansas City this season.
- Hunter Dozier is batting .276 with an OBP of .333 and a slugging percentage of .449 this season.
- Dozier enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with a double, a home run and two RBI.
Where To Watch Giants vs. Royals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.