Mike Trout leads the Los Angeles Angels (29-32) into a contest against the New York Mets (39-22) following his two-homer outing in an 11-6 victory over the Mets. It starts at 7:08 PM ET on Sunday.
The Angels are projected as a close favorite (-115 on the moneyline) against the Mets (-104). The starting pitchers are Patrick Sandoval (3-1) for the Los Angeles Angels, and Taijuan Walker (3-2) for the New York Mets. The total for this game is 9.
Angels vs. Mets Predictions
Angels vs. Mets Betting Odds
Angels vs. Mets Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Los Angeles was listed as the moneyline favorite by oddsmakers just twice over the last 10 games, and split those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Angels and their opponents combined to go over the run total six times.
- Los Angeles has a 5-5-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- New York has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 3-4 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Mets and their opponents have failed to hit the over five times.
- New York has won five of its last 10 games against the spread.
Angels vs. Mets Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Patrick Sandoval
- The Angels are 4-5-0 against the spread when Sandoval starts.
- The Angels have a 5-1 record in Sandoval’s six starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Sandoval’s team is 6-3 over his nine starts.
- Sandoval has had nine starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and four of those games finished over the total.
Projected starter: Taijuan Walker
- Walker’s team is 5-4-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- When he is the starting pitcher, New York has a record of 1-3 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Walker’s team has won four of his nine starts this season.
- In Walker’s 10 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over two times.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Trout leads the Angels with 16 home runs while accumulating a team-best batting average of .294.
- Among hitters in baseball, Trout ranks fifth in homers and 30th in RBI.
- Trout has hit safely in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .400 with two doubles, three home runs, two walks and five RBI.
- Shohei Ohtani has made the most of his opportunities as he leads his team with 37 RBI.
- Ohtani ranks 14th in homers and 18th in RBI this year.
- Ohtani brings an eight-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is hitting .297 with three doubles, two home runs, six walks and five RBI.
- Jared Walsh is batting .260 with 11 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 13 walks.
- Walsh brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .318 with a double, a triple, a home run and three RBI.
- Anthony Rendon has 10 doubles, five home runs and 22 walks while batting .236.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso leads New York in home runs (17) and runs batted in (55) this season while batting .280.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Alonso’s home run total is second, and his RBI total is second.
- Alonso heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Francisco Lindor has collected 58 hits this season and has an OBP of .328. He’s slugging .421 on the year.
- Lindor currently is 44th in homers and sixth in RBI in the big leagues.
- Lindor has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .143 with a walk.
- Starling Marte is slashing .272/.311/.437 this season for the Mets.
- Jeff McNeil leads New York with a .312 batting average. He’s also hit three homers and has 28 RBI.
Where To Watch Angels vs. Mets
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.