The New York Mets (38-21) visit the Los Angeles Angels (28-31) to kick off a three-game series at Angel Stadium, with first pitch at 9:38 PM ET on Friday. The Mets are on the back of a series defeat to the Padres, and the Angels a series loss to the Red Sox.
The Mets are favored (-127 moneyline odds) when they take the field at the Angels (+107). The scheduled starters are Tylor Megill for the New York Mets, and Jhonathan Diaz for the Los Angeles Angels. The over/under for this game is set at 8.5.
Mets vs. Angels Predictions
Mets vs. Angels Betting Odds
Mets vs. Angels Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York played three of its last 10 games as a moneyline favorite, and won all of them.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Mets combined with their opponents to go over the total five times.
- New York has gone 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In eight games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Los Angeles has a record of 0-8.
- The Angels and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Los Angeles is 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Mets vs. Angels Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Tylor Megill
- Megill’s team was never a moneyline favorite a season ago in games he pitched.
Projected starter: Jhonathan Diaz
- The left-hander did not pitch as the moneyline underdog last season.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso leads the Mets in home runs (16) and runs batted in (54).
- Alonso’s home runs rank third in MLB and he ranks second in RBI in MLB.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .250 with nine doubles, two triples, nine home runs and 25 walks.
- Lindor ranks 40th in homers and fifth in RBI this year.
- Starling Marte has 10 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and eight walks while batting .272.
- Jeff McNeil is batting .314 to lead his team.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Mike Trout leads Los Angeles in homers with 14 while also maintaining a team-best .284 batting average.
- Trout’s home run total ranks 11th in the majors, and he is 41st in RBI.
- Trout takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .200 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Shohei Ohtani leads Los Angeles in runs batted in with 34 while batting .238 with 12 homers.
- Ohtani ranks 16th overall in home runs and 20th in RBI this year.
- Ohtani enters this matchup on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is batting .237 with three doubles, a home run, five walks and two RBI.
- Jared Walsh has collected 50 base hits, an OBP of .294 and a slugging percentage of .437 this season.
- Brandon Marsh is batting .244 with an OBP of .293 and a slugging percentage of .343 this season.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Angels
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.