The Toronto Blue Jays (33-23) and Detroit Tigers (23-33) square off on Friday at 7:10 PM ET, beginning a three-game series at Comerica Park.
The Blue Jays are the road favorite (-200) versus the Tigers (+170). The Blue Jays will start Jose Berrios (4-2) against the Tigers and Elvin Rodriguez (0-1). The over/under in the game is set at 8.5 total runs.
Blue Jays vs. Tigers Predictions
Blue Jays vs. Tigers Betting Odds
Blue Jays vs. Tigers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Toronto has a 5-3 record from the eight games it was favored on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Blue Jays and their opponents combined to hit the over eight times (nine of the games had set totals).
- Toronto’s record against the spread is 5-4-0 over its past 10 games (bookmakers set spreads in nine of those games).
- In nine games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, Detroit has a record of 5-4.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Tigers and their opponents are 5-5-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Detroit has won seven of its last 10 games against the spread.
Blue Jays vs. Tigers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: José Berríos
- The Blue Jays have a 7-4-0 ATS record in Berrios’ 11 starts that had a set spread.
- The Blue Jays are 6-1 in Berrios’ seven starts this season with Toronto as the moneyline favorite.
- Berrios’ team has an 8-3 record in his starts this season.
- Berrios has started 11 contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in seven of them.
Projected starter: Elvin Rodriguez
- Rodriguez’s team is 2-1-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 1-2.
- Rodriguez’s team is 1-2 when he starts this season.
- Out of Rodriguez’s three starts with a total this season, two have hit the over.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. paces the Blue Jays with 13 home runs and 31 runs batted in.
- Guerrero’s home runs rank 13th in MLB and he ranks 30th in RBI in MLB.
- George Springer is hitting .271 with nine doubles, two triples, 11 home runs and 18 walks.
- Springer ranks 22nd in home runs among hitters in MLB and 38th in RBI.
- Bo Bichette is batting .262 with 14 doubles, nine home runs and 17 walks.
- Bichette heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with two home runs, four walks and four RBI.
- Santiago Espinal is hitting .290 to pace his team.
- Espinal brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .455 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
Tigers Batting Leaders
- Jonathan Schoop leads Detroit with five home runs this season. He’s batting .198 with 18 RBI.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Schoop ranks 115th in home runs and 161st in RBI.
- Schoop heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .200 with a double and an RBI.
- Miguel Cabrera leads Detroit in batting average (.297) and runs batted in (20) this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Cabrera ranks 200th in home runs and 132nd in RBI.
- Cabrera enters this matchup on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .389 with a walk and two RBI.
- Harold Castro has collected 32 base hits, an OBP of .297 and a slugging percentage of .456 this season.
- Castro has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .105 with two RBI.
- Austin Meadows has 29 hits and an OBP of .363 to go with a slugging percentage of .352 this season.
Where To Watch Blue Jays vs. Tigers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.