The San Diego Padres (35-22) host the Colorado Rockies (25-32) to kick off a four-game series at PETCO Park, with first pitch at 9:40 PM ET on Friday. The Padres are on the back of a series victory over the Mets, and the Rockies a series win over the Giants.
The Rockies are an underdog (+211 on the moneyline) when they visit the Padres (-256). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the San Diego Padres looking to Joe Musgrove (6-0), and Chad Kuhl (4-2) taking the ball for the Colorado Rockies. The matchup has an over/under of 7 total runs.
Padres vs. Rockies Predictions
Padres vs. Rockies Betting Odds
Padres vs. Rockies Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Diego was the moneyline favorite in five of its last 10 games, and went 2-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Padres and their opponents combined to hit the over five times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- San Diego has put together a 6-4-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Colorado has played as the underdog in eight of its past 10 games and has gone 3-5 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Rockies and their opponents have failed to hit the over six times.
- Colorado is 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Padres vs. Rockies Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Joe Musgrove
- The Padres have gone 8-2-0 against the spread when Musgrove starts.
- The Padres have been favored on the moneyline in seven of Musgrove’s starts this season, and they went 6-1 in those games.
- Musgrove’s team has won nine of his 10 starts.
- Musgrove has had 10 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in five of those matchups.
Projected starter: Chad Kuhl
- Kuhl and his team have a record of 5-5-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 44.4% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 4-5.
- In games Kuhl has started, his team is 5-5.
- Games Kuhl has started this season hit the over two times in 10 chances.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado leads the Padres in home runs (nine), runs batted in (36) and has racked up a team-high batting average of .329.
- Machado ranks 40th in homers and 17th in RBI among all batters in MLB action.
- Machado heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .190 with three doubles and four RBI.
- Jurickson Profar is hitting .252 with 13 doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 31 walks.
- Among all MLB hitters, Profar ranks 57th in home runs and 28th in RBI.
- Profar has hit safely in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .421 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and seven RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth is batting .226 with 10 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 25 walks.
- Cronenworth enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .444 with two doubles, three home runs, four walks and 14 RBI.
- Eric Hosmer is batting .289 with 11 doubles, four home runs and 18 walks.
Rockies Batting Leaders
- C.J. Cron is batting .285 this season with a team-high 14 home runs and 41 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Cron ranks ninth in home runs and eighth in RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon is batting .260 with an OBP of .320 and a slugging percentage of .451 this season.
- Blackmon ranks 40th among batters in the majors in homers, and 40th in RBI.
- Blackmon has hit safely in four straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .381 with three doubles, two home runs and five RBI.
- Connor Joe has 56 hits this season and a slash line of .267/.364/.410.
- Brendan Rodgers has collected 48 hits this season and has an OBP of .307. He’s slugging .411 on the year.
- Rodgers heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .273 with a double, a home run and four RBI.
Where To Watch Padres vs. Rockies
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.