The New York Yankees (41-16) and Chicago Cubs (23-33) clash on Friday at 7:05 PM ET, opening a three-game series at Yankee Stadium.
The Yankees are favored at home (-252) against the Cubs (+207). The Yankees will give the ball to Luis Severino (4-1) versus the Cubs and Wade Miley. The game’s over/under is set at 8.5.
Yankees vs. Cubs Predictions
Yankees vs. Cubs Betting Odds
Yankees vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York has an 8-1 record from the nine games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Yankees and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total five times.
- New York has a 6-4-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 3-4 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cubs and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times.
- Chicago has five wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Yankees vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Luis Severino
- The Yankees have gone 6-3-0 against the spread when Severino starts.
- The Yankees have a 7-1 record in Severino’s eight starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Severino’s team has an 8-2 record in his starts this season.
- Severino’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in four of nine games.
Projected starter: Wade Miley
- The left-hander did not appear in a game when his team was the moneyline underdog last season.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Aaron Judge has a team-high batting average of .310, and leads the Yankees in home runs (22) and runs batted in (45).
- Judge’s home runs rank first in MLB and he ranks fifth in RBI in MLB.
- Anthony Rizzo is batting .215 with 10 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and 24 walks.
- Rizzo ranks 11th in homers and 10th in RBI among MLB batters this season.
- DJ LeMahieu is hitting .269 with 12 doubles, five home runs and 21 walks.
- Gleyber Torres is hitting .249 with seven doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 11 walks.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Willson Contreras leads Chicago in batting average (.277) this season while adding 10 home runs and 23 RBI.
- Contreras’ home run total ranks 28th in MLB, and he is 103rd in RBI.
- Contreras brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .278 with a double, two home runs, five walks and four RBI.
- Ian Happ is batting .269 with an OBP of .373 and a slugging percentage of .445 this season.
- Happ ranks 88th overall in homers and 50th in RBI this year.
- Happ takes an eight-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .314 with four doubles, a triple, a home run, five walks and four RBI.
- Frank Schwindel has collected 48 base hits, an OBP of .286 and a slugging percentage of .408 this season.
- Patrick Wisdom leads Chicago in home runs with 12 and runs batted in with 31.
Where To Watch Yankees vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.