The Miami Marlins (25-30) are looking for continued production from a hitter on a roll against the Houston Astros (36-21) on Friday at 8:10 PM ET, at Minute Maid Park. Nick Fortes is currently on a two-game homer streak.
The Marlins are an underdog (+129 on the moneyline to win) when they visit the Astros (-151). The Astros will give the ball to Luis Garcia (3-4) against the Marlins and Pablo Lopez (4-2). The over/under for the game is 7.5 total runs.
Astros vs. Marlins Predictions
Astros vs. Marlins Betting Odds
Astros vs. Marlins Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston was favored on the moneyline for each of its last 10 games, and finished 7-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Astros and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total five times.
- Houston’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- In four games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Miami has a record of 1-3.
- The Marlins and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Miami is 5-5-0 against the spread.
Astros vs. Marlins Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Luis Garcia
- The Astros are 3-7-0 against the spread when Garcia starts.
- The Astros have been the moneyline favorite in nine of Garcia’s starts this season, and they went 6-3 in those games.
- Garcia’s team has won six of his 10 starts.
- Garcia’s starts hit the over on the run total two times in 10 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Pablo López
- Lopez’s team is 5-6-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team is 2-2 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Lopez’s team has won six of his 11 starts.
- In games Lopez has started this season, the teams are 5-6-0 at hitting the over.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez paces the Astros with 17 home runs and 38 runs batted in, while racking up a team-best batting average of .299.
- In MLB action, Alvarez ranks second in homers and 13th in RBI.
- Alvarez has hit safely in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .471 with a double, a triple, two home runs, four walks and five RBI.
- Kyle Tucker has seven doubles, 10 home runs and 29 walks while batting .261.
- Tucker ranks 28th in home runs and 20th in RBI among hitters in MLB.
- Tucker brings an eight-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is batting .353 with a double, three home runs, seven walks and eight RBI.
- Alex Bregman has 12 doubles, six home runs and 33 walks while batting .220.
- Bregman has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .211 with a double and three walks.
- Jose Altuve is hitting .280 with eight doubles, 11 home runs and 17 walks.
- Altuve takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Jazz Chisholm leads Miami in runs batted in with 37 and has a batting average of .255.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Chisholm ranks 28th in home runs and 15th in RBI.
- Jorge Soler’s 12 home runs are most among Miami batters. He’s driven in 29 runs this season while slugging .472.
- Soler ranks 16th overall in homers and 50th in RBI this season.
- Soler takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .313 with a double, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Garrett Cooper leads Miami with a .319 batting average while slugging four homers and driving in 27 runs.
- Cooper takes a six-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last 10 games he is batting .463 with four doubles, a triple, a home run, a walk and eight RBI.
- Jesus Sanchez is batting .235 with an OBP of .284 and a slugging percentage of .453 this season.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Marlins
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.