The Chicago White Sox (26-29) will look to Jake Burger, on a two-game homer streak, versus the Texas Rangers (26-30) at 8:10 PM ET on Friday, at Guaranteed Rate Field.
The White Sox are favored at home (-126) against the Rangers (+106). The scheduled starters are Davis Martin (0-2) for the Chicago White Sox, and Glenn Otto (4-2) for the Texas Rangers. The matchup has an over/under of 9 total runs.
White Sox vs. Rangers Predictions
White Sox vs. Rangers Betting Odds
White Sox vs. Rangers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Over the last 10 games, Chicago was named the moneyline favorite by oddsmakers just one time, a game it won.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the White Sox and their opponents combined to go over the run total seven times.
- Chicago has put together a 4-6-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Texas has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and has won three of those contests.
- In their last 11 games with a total, the Rangers and their opponents have failed to hit the over eight times.
- Texas is 5-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
White Sox vs. Rangers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Davis Martin
- The White Sox did not cover any of Martin’s four starts with a set spread.
- The White Sox were favored on the moneyline for three Martin starts this season — they lost all of the games.
- His team lost both of the games he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Martin has started four games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in one of them.
Projected starter: Glenn Otto
- Otto’s team is 5-3-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Texas has a record of 3-2 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Otto’s team is 5-3 when he starts this season.
- Games started by Otto have a 3-4-1 record at hitting the over this season.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Jose Abreu has put up a team-high seven home runs and 23 runs batted in.
- In baseball, Abreu ranks 57th in home runs and 100th in RBI.
- Luis Robert has five doubles, six home runs and six walks while hitting .281.
- Robert ranks 86th in home runs among hitters in baseball and 134th in RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn paces the White Sox with 23 runs batted in.
- Burger has put his power on display as he leads his team with seven home runs.
- Burger takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .500 with three doubles, three home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
Rangers Batting Leaders
- Marcus Semien has been key for Texas with 49 hits, an OBP of .280 plus a slugging percentage of .353.
- In all of MLB, Semien ranks 86th in homers and 117th in RBI.
- Semien takes a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .524 with four home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Corey Seager is slugging .405 this season, with a team-best 11 homers while driving in 25 runs.
- Seager currently is 22nd in homers and 81st in RBI in the major leagues.
- Adolis Garcia is among the top hitters for Texas with a .225 average, 10 homers and 36 RBI.
- Jonah Heim is batting .254 with an OBP of .317 and a slugging percentage of .477 this season.
- Heim brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .300 with three doubles, a home run and an RBI.
Where To Watch White Sox vs. Rangers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.