The Tampa Bay Lightning visit the New York Rangers for Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Semifinals on Thursday, June 9, with the puck dropping at 8:00 PM ET. The series is tied 2-2. The Lightning are the favorite, with -129 odds on the moneyline, in this matchup against the Rangers, who have +108 moneyline odds.
Lightning vs. Rangers Predictions
Lightning vs. Rangers Betting Odds
Lightning vs. Rangers Betting Trends
- The Lightning have won 65.4% of their games when favored on the moneyline this season (53-28).
- Tampa Bay is 46-20 (victorious in 69.7% of its games) when playing with moneyline odds of -129 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Lightning have an implied probability of 56.3% to win.
- The Lightning’s 285 total goals (3.5 per game) make them the seventh-best scoring team in the NHL.
- Defensively, the Lightning have been one of the stingiest squads in league action, giving up 228 total goals (2.8 per game) to rank sixth.
- The Rangers have been listed as the underdog 47 times this season, and upset their opponent 23 times.
- New York has 32 games this season playing as the underdog by +108 or longer, and is 12-20 in those contests.
- The Rangers have 250 goals this season (3.0 per game), 15th in the league.
- The Rangers’ total of 204 goals conceded (only 2.5 per game) is second in the league.
Lightning vs. Rangers Over/Under Trends
- A total of 55 Tampa Bay games this season have gone over Thursday’s over/under of 5.5 goals.
- This season, 50 of New York’s games have featured more than 5.5 goals.
- These two teams combine for 6.5 goals per game, 1.03 more than the total for this contest.
- These two teams allow a combined 5.3 goals per game, 0.2 less than this one’s over/under.
Lightning Team Leaders
- Steven Stamkos: 42 goals and 64 assists
- Victor Hedman: 20 goals and 66 assists
- Nikita Kucherov: 25 goals and 44 assists
- Andrei Vasilevskiy: 39-18-5 record, .916 save percentage, 156 goals conceded
Rangers Team Leaders
- Artemi Panarin: 22 goals and 74 assists
- Mika Zibanejad: 30 goals and 52 assists
- Chris Kreider: 52 goals and 25 assists
- Igor Shesterkin: 36-13-4 record, .935 save percentage, 106 goals given up
Where To Watch Lightning vs. Rangers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.