The Atlanta Braves (30-27) host the Pittsburgh Pirates (24-30) to open a four-game series at Truist Park, with first pitch at 7:20 PM ET on Thursday. The Braves are on the back of a series victory over the Athletics, and the Pirates a series loss to the Tigers.
The Braves are heavily favored at home (-275) against the Pirates (+226). The starting pitchers are Max Fried (5-2) for the Atlanta Braves, and JT Brubaker (0-5) for the Pittsburgh Pirates. The game’s total is set at 8.
Braves vs. Pirates Predictions
Braves vs. Pirates Betting Odds
Braves vs. Pirates Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Atlanta was the moneyline favorite for each of its last 10 games, and went 8-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Braves and their opponents combined to go over the total five times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Atlanta is 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In seven games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Pittsburgh has a record of 5-2.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Pirates and their opponents are 4-6-0 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Pittsburgh has a record of 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Braves vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Max Fried
- The Braves have gone 7-4-0 against the spread when Fried starts.
- The Braves have a 4-3 record in Fried’s seven starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- In Fried’s 11 starts, his team is 7-4.
- Fried has started 11 contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in six of them.
Projected starter: JT Brubaker
- Brubaker and his team are 4-7-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has won 42.9% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (3-4).
- Brubaker’s team has a 5-6 record in his starts this season.
- In games Brubaker has started this season, the teams are 5-6-0 at hitting the over.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Austin Riley paces the Braves with 15 home runs and 34 runs batted in.
- In MLB, Riley ranks fifth in homers and 19th in RBI.
- Matt Olson is batting .258 with 24 doubles, seven home runs and 35 walks.
- Olson currently ranks 56th in homers and 45th in RBI in the majors.
- Olson takes a six-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is batting .318 with six doubles, two home runs, three walks and 13 RBI.
- Ozzie Albies is batting .248 with 14 doubles, seven home runs and 13 walks.
- Albies takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .211 with a double, a home run and six RBI.
- Dansby Swanson has a club-leading .273 batting average.
- Swanson enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .350 with a double and three walks.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .285 with 20 RBI, both of which are best among Pittsburgh hitters this season.
- Hayes’ home run total ranks 247th in MLB, and he is 132nd in RBI.
- Bryan Reynolds is slugging .387 this season, with a team-best eight homers while driving in 14 runs.
- Reynolds ranks 48th among hitters in MLB in home runs, and 208th in RBI.
- Michael Chavis has collected 37 base hits, an OBP of .309 and a slugging percentage of .453 this season.
- Daniel Vogelbach has 30 hits and an OBP of .324 to go with a slugging percentage of .433 this season.
Where To Watch Braves vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.