The San Diego Padres (33-22) host the New York Mets (38-19) at 9:40 PM ET on Tuesday, a game featuring two of MLB’s most consistent hitters. Manny Machado has an average of .327 (sixth in league) for the Padres, while Jeff McNeil ranks 10th at .314 for the Mets.
The Mets are an underdog away (+107) against the Padres (-126). The San Diego Padres will hand the ball to Yu Darvish (4-3, 2.88 ERA) looking for win No. 5 on the season, and the Mets will counter with Taijuan Walker (3-1, 2.88). The total for this game is set at 7.5.
Padres vs. Mets Predictions
Padres vs. Mets Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Padres vs. Mets Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Diego was the moneyline favorite for five of its last 10 games, and finished 1-4 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Padres combined with their opponents to go over the total four times.
- San Diego’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- In six games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by bookmakers, New York has a record of 4-2.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Mets and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times.
- New York is 8-2-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Padres vs. Mets Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Yu Darvish
- The Padres have a 4-6-0 record against the spread in Darvish’s starts.
- The Padres are 4-3 in Darvish’s seven starts this season with San Diego as the moneyline favorite.
- Over Darvish’s 10 starts, his team is 6-4.
- Darvish has started 10 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in three of them.
Projected starter: Taijuan Walker
- Walker’s team is 5-3-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team is 1-2 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Walker’s team has a 4-4 record in his starts this season.
- Games started by Walker have a 2-6-1 record at hitting the over this season.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Machado paces the Padres with nine home runs and 32 runs batted in, while putting up a team-high batting average of .327.
- In MLB play, Machado ranks 36th in homers and 20th in RBI.
- Jurickson Profar is batting .245 with 12 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 27 walks.
- Profar ranks 72nd in home runs and 43rd in RBI among hitters in baseball.
- Profar has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .348 with a double and five RBI.
- Eric Hosmer has 11 doubles, four home runs and 18 walks while hitting .290.
- Jake Cronenworth is batting .214 with nine doubles, two triples, five home runs and 23 walks.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso leads New York in home runs (16) and runs batted in (54) this season while batting .282.
- Alonso ranks second in home runs and first in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Alonso enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .273 with a double, three home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Francisco Lindor has 56 hits and an OBP of .339 to go with a slugging percentage of .442 this season.
- Lindor ranks 36th in homers and fourth in RBI among all hitters in the major leagues.
- Lindor brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .238 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Starling Marte has 58 hits this season and a slash line of .274/.312/.439.
- Marte has safely hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .217 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- McNeil leads New York in batting average (.314) this season while adding three home runs and 27 RBI.
- McNeil has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .368 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
Where To Watch Padres vs. Mets
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.