The New York Yankees (39-15) visit the Minnesota Twins (32-24) to open a three-game series at Target Field, with first pitch at 7:40 PM ET on Tuesday. The Yankees are on the back of a series victory over the Tigers, and the Twins a series win over the Blue Jays.
The Twins play as a home underdog (+133) versus the Yankees (-157). The New York Yankees will give the start to Jameson Taillon (6-1), but the Twins’ starter has not been announced yet. The contest has a set total of 9.
Yankees vs. Twins Predictions
Yankees vs. Twins Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Yankees vs. Twins Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York went 7-1 over the eight games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Yankees and their opponents combined to hit the over four times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- New York’s record against the spread is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- In four games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Minnesota has a record of 2-2.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Twins and their opponents have failed to hit the over three times.
- Minnesota has won of its last 10 games against the spread.
Yankees vs. Twins Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jameson Taillon
- The Yankees have a 6-4-0 ATS record in Taillon’s 10 starts with a set spread.
- The Yankees have been the moneyline favorite in eight of Taillon’s starts this season, and they went 6-2 in those matchups.
- Taillon’s team has an 8-2 record in his starts this season.
- Taillon’s starts hit the over on the run total four times in 10 games with a set total this season.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Aaron Judge paces the Yankees in home runs (21), runs batted in (42) and has put up a team-high batting average of .313.
- Among hitters in MLB play, Judge ranks first in home runs and sixth in RBI.
- Judge enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .400 with three home runs, three walks and four RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo is hitting .215 with 10 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 23 walks.
- Rizzo ranks 10th in homers and 15th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Rizzo brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .222 with two home runs and six RBI.
- DJ LeMahieu has 12 doubles, four home runs and 19 walks while batting .259.
- Gleyber Torres is batting .247 with seven doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and nine walks.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Luis Arraez leads Minnesota with a .358 batting average.
- Arraez is 299th in home runs and 211th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Arraez has hit safely in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a walk and an RBI.
- Max Kepler has collected 39 hits this season and has an OBP of .357. He’s slugging .429 on the year.
- Kepler currently is 72nd in home runs and 72nd in RBI in the big leagues.
- Jorge Polanco leads Minnesota in RBI with 29 while batting .222 with six home runs.
- Polanco heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .211 with a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Gio Urshela has collected 44 hits this season and has an OBP of .326. He’s slugging .396 on the year.
- Urshela brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .235 with two doubles, a walk and two RBI.
Where To Watch Yankees vs. Twins
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.