The Tampa Bay Rays (31-23) and St. Louis Cardinals (32-23) clash on Tuesday at 7:10 PM ET, opening a three-game series at Tropicana Field.
The Rays are a home favorite (-142) against the Cardinals (+123). The starting pitchers are Jeffrey Springs (2-2) for the Tampa Bay Rays, and Dakota Hudson (4-2) for the St. Louis Cardinals. The matchup has an over/under set at 7.5 total runs.
Rays vs. Cardinals Predictions
Rays vs. Cardinals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Rays vs. Cardinals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Tampa Bay played as the moneyline favorite in eight of its last 10 games, and finished 4-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Rays and their opponents combined to go over the run total three times.
- Tampa Bay’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- In five games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, St. Louis has a record of 3-2.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cardinals and their opponents have failed to hit the over five times.
- St. Louis has wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Rays vs. Cardinals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jeffrey Springs
- The Rays are 2-4-0 against the spread when Springs starts.
- The Rays are 3-1 in Springs’ four starts this season with Tampa Bay as the moneyline favorite.
- Springs’ team has a 4-2 record over his six starts.
- Springs has had six starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in one of those matchups.
Projected starter: Dakota Hudson
- Hudson’s team is 8-2-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team is 4-3 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Hudson’s team has won six of his 10 starts this season.
- Games started by Hudson have a 5-5-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Yandy Diaz paces the Rays with a team-high batting average of .282.
- Among hitters in MLB action, Diaz ranks 191st in homers and 221st in RBI.
- Diaz enters this game on a six-game hitting streak. In his last nine games he is batting .346 with a double, 10 walks and two RBI.
- Randy Arozarena’s six home runs are a team-high mark.
- Arozarena ranks 71st in homers and 79th in RBI among hitters in MLB action.
- Arozarena brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with a triple, two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Manuel Margot has five doubles, a triple, three home runs and 13 walks while batting .303.
- Harold Ramirez is batting .285 with six doubles, two home runs and six walks.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis in batting average (.343), home runs (12) and runs batted in (47) this season.
- Goldschmidt ranks 14th in homers and third in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Goldschmidt enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with a double, a home run, four walks and four RBI.
- Nolan Arenado has collected 55 hits this season and has an OBP of .347. He’s slugging .495 on the year.
- Arenado ranks 26th in homers and 10th in RBI among all hitters in the major leagues.
- Arenado has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with two walks and four RBI.
- Tommy Edman has collected 58 base hits, an OBP of .361 and a slugging percentage of .420 this season.
- Edman brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a home run, four walks and an RBI.
- Harrison Bader has collected 49 hits this season and has an OBP of .311. He’s slugging .392 on the year.
- Bader has safely hit in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .429 with a triple, a home run and three RBI.
Where To Watch Rays vs. Cardinals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.