The Toronto Blue Jays (31-22) will look for another strong showing from a hitter on a hot streak versus the Kansas City Royals (17-35) on Monday at 8:10 PM ET, at Kauffman Stadium. Alejandro Kirk is on a two-game homer streak.
The Royals (+148 underdog moneyline odds) play at home against the Blue Jays (-172). The scheduled starters are Ross Stripling (1-1) for the Toronto Blue Jays, and Daniel Lynch (2-4) for the Kansas City Royals. The total for the game is 9.5 total runs.
Blue Jays vs. Royals Predictions
Blue Jays vs. Royals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Blue Jays vs. Royals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Toronto has a 5-2 record over the seven games it was moneyline favorites in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Blue Jays and their opponents combined to go over the run total nine times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Toronto is 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by oddsmakers, Kansas City has a record of 3-7.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Royals and their opponents are when it comes to hitting the over.
- Kansas City has a record of 3-7-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Blue Jays vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Ross Stripling
- The Blue Jays are 3-3-0 ATS in Stripling’s six starts that had a set spread.
- The Blue Jays are 1-3 in Stripling’s four starts this season with Toronto as the moneyline favorite.
- Stripling’s team has compiled a 2-3 record in his five starts.
- Stripling has had six starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and two of those matchups finished over the total.
Projected starter: Daniel Lynch
- Lynch and his team have a record of 5-4-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team is 4-5 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Lynch’s team has a 4-5 record in his starts this season.
- Games Lynch has started this season hit the over five times in nine chances.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- George Springer has racked up a team-high batting average of .279 while pacing the Blue Jays in runs batted in (30).
- Springer’s home runs rank 20th in MLB and he ranks 31st in RBI in MLB.
- Springer has hit safely in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with two doubles, two home runs and four RBI.
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has put his power on display as he paces his team with 12 home runs.
- Guerrero ranks 14th in home runs and 36th in RBI among hitters in MLB action.
- Guerrero brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .286 with a double, three home runs, two walks and five RBI.
- Bo Bichette is hitting .252 with 14 doubles, eight home runs and 14 walks.
- Kirk is batting .307 with eight doubles, five home runs and 20 walks.
- Kirk takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .421 with a double, four home runs, three walks and seven RBI.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Andrew Benintendi leads Kansas City with a .321 batting average.
- In all of MLB, Benintendi ranks 241st in home runs and 114th in RBI.
- Whit Merrifield has collected 47 hits this season and has an OBP of .259. He’s slugging .313 on the year.
- Merrifield is 191st in homers and 79th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Merrifield brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Bobby Witt Jr. leads Kansas City in runs batted in (28) this season. He has a .224 batting average and a .432 slugging percentage.
- Hunter Dozier has collected 48 hits this season and has an OBP of .330. He’s slugging .433 on the year.
Where To Watch Blue Jays vs. Royals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.