Jake Cronenworth takes a two-game homer streak into the San Diego Padres’ (33-21) game versus the New York Mets (37-19) at 9:40 PM ET on Monday, at PETCO Park.
Oddsmakers project the Mets as a close favorite (-110 on the moneyline) against the Padres (-108). The Mets will start Carlos Carrasco (6-1) against the Padres and Blake Snell (0-2). The matchup has an over/under of 7.5 total runs.
Mets vs. Padres Predictions
Mets vs. Padres Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Mets vs. Padres Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York was the moneyline favorite in five of its last 10 games, and won every time.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Mets and their opponents combined to go over the run total six times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- New York has put together an 8-2-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In five games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, San Diego has a record of 3-2.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Padres and their opponents have failed to hit the over seven times.
- San Diego has wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Mets vs. Padres Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Carlos Carrasco
- When Carrasco starts, the Mets are 6-4-0 against the spread.
- The Mets have a 6-4 record in Carrasco’s 10 starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Carrasco’s team has a 6-4 record in his starts this season.
- Carrasco has had 10 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in three of those matchups.
Projected starter: Blake Snell
- Snell and his team are 2-2-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- He and his team have lost each of the three games he’s started as the moneyline underdog.
- Snell’s team has a 1-3 record in his starts this season.
- Games started by Snell have a 1-3-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Pete Alonso leads the Mets with 16 home runs and 54 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Alonso’s home run total ranks second and his RBI tally ranks first.
- Alonso has safely hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a double, three home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Francisco Lindor has nine doubles, two triples, nine home runs and 25 walks while batting .259.
- Lindor currently ranks 34th in homers and fourth in RBI in the majors.
- Lindor enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .238 with a double, a home run, a walk and five RBI.
- Starling Marte is batting .272 with 10 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and eight walks.
- Marte brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .190 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Jeff McNeil has a club-best .311 batting average.
Mets Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado leads San Diego in home runs with nine, runs batted in with 32 and his batting average of .333 is also best on his team.
- In all of MLB, Machado is 34th in homers and 20th in RBI.
- Jurickson Profar has 47 hits and an OBP of .328 to go with a slugging percentage of .390 this season.
- Profar ranks 71st among hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 49th in RBI.
- Eric Hosmer is slashing .296/.357/.418 this season for the Padres.
- Hosmer heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .158 with two doubles and an RBI.
- Cronenworth has 45 hits and an OBP of .301 to go with a slugging percentage of .353 this season.
- Cronenworth brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .286 with a double, two home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
Where To Watch Mets vs. Padres
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.