The Boston Red Sox (26-27) will look to sweep the Oakland Athletics (20-35) at Oakland Coliseum on Sunday, at 4:07 PM ET.
The Red Sox are an underdog (+101 on the moneyline to win) when they square off against the Athletics (-119). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Oakland Athletics looking to Frankie Montas (2-5), and Rich Hill (1-3) answering the bell for the Boston Red Sox. The matchup has an over/under set at 7.5 total runs.
Athletics vs. Red Sox Predictions
Athletics vs. Red Sox Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Athletics vs. Red Sox Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Oakland has been named the moneyline favorite by oddsmakers only twice over the last 10 games, and lost both matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Athletics combined with their opponents to hit the over on the run total six times.
- Oakland has a 3-7-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Over the past 10 games, bookmakers have not installed Boston as the underdog once.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Red Sox and their opponents are when it comes to hitting the over.
- Boston has a record of 6-4-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Athletics vs. Red Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Frankie Montas
- When Montás starts, the Athletics are 2-9-0 against the spread.
- The Athletics have been the moneyline favorite in five of Montás’ starts this season, and they went 1-4 in those matchups.
- Montás’ team is 2-9 over his 11 starts.
- Montás has had 11 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in three of those matchups.
Projected starter: Rich Hill
- Hill and his team are 4-5-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Boston has a record of 1-3 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Hill’s team has a 4-5 record in his starts this season.
- Games Hill has started this season hit the over four times in nine chances.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Elvis Andrus has racked up a team-best batting average of .238.
- Andrus ranks 184th in home runs and 236th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Seth Brown’s five home runs and 23 runs batted in are both team-highs.
- Brown currently ranks 101st in home runs and 83rd in RBI in the majors.
- Sean Murphy has launched a team-high five homers.
- Tony Kemp is hitting .234 with five doubles, a home run and 17 walks.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers leads Boston with 11 home runs this season. He’s batting .336 with 29 RBI.
- Devers is 19th in home runs and 30th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Devers enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with three doubles and three RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts is batting .330 with an OBP of .400 and a slugging percentage of .495 this season.
- Bogaerts is 65th overall in home runs and 52nd in RBI this season.
- Bogaerts brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .353 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- J.D. Martinez’s batting average of .353 leads all Boston hitters this season.
- Martinez enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .150 with a double and two walks.
- Trevor Story leads Boston in runs batted in (40) this season. He’s batting .235 while slugging .458.
- Story heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .353 with four doubles, four walks and three RBI.
Where To Watch Athletics vs. Red Sox
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.