The Chicago Cubs (22-29) aim to prolong their three-game winning streak when they face the St. Louis Cardinals (29-22) on Friday at 2:20 PM ET, at Wrigley Field.
A projected close matchup features the Cardinals (-110 on the moneyline) against the Cubs (-109). The St. Louis Cardinals will hand the ball to Miles Mikolas (3-3, 3.95 ERA) looking for win No. 4 on the season, and the Cubs will turn to Marcus Stroman (2-4, 3.95). The game’s total is 8.
Cardinals vs. Cubs Predictions
Cardinals vs. Cubs Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Cardinals vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- St. Louis was the moneyline favorite in five of its last 10 games, and finished 3-2 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Cardinals and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times (all 10 games had set totals).
- St. Louis’ record against the spread is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in nine of its past 10 games and won five of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Cubs and their opponents are in their last 10 games with a total.
- Chicago is 8-2-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Cardinals vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Miles Mikolas
- The Cardinals are 6-4-0 against the spread when Mikolas starts.
- The Cardinals have a 3-2 record in Mikolas’ five starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Mikolas’ team is 6-4 in his 10 starts.
- Mikolas has started 10 contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in six of them.
Projected starter: Marcus Stroman
- Stroman and his team are 5-3-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 28.6% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 2-5.
- Stroman’s team has won two of his eight starts.
- Out of Stroman’s eight starts with a total this season, five have hit the over.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt paces the Cardinals with 11 home runs and 44 runs batted in, while accumulating a team-high batting average of .349.
- Goldschmidt’s home runs rank 12th in MLB and he ranks third in RBI in MLB.
- Goldschmidt brings a 24-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is batting .378 with two doubles, five home runs, seven walks and 15 RBI.
- Nolan Arenado is hitting .280 with 13 doubles, 10 home runs and 20 walks.
- Arenado ranks 21st in home runs and ninth in RBI this year.
- Arenado has safely hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Tommy Edman is batting .272 with eight doubles, three triples, four home runs and 19 walks.
- Harrison Bader has five doubles, five home runs and nine walks while batting .256.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Willson Contreras leads Chicago with a .278 batting average. He’s also hit nine homers and has 21 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Contreras ranks 30th in homers and 103rd in RBI.
- Contreras takes an eight-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is hitting .364 with two doubles, four home runs, four walks and seven RBI.
- Ian Happ is a key run producer for Chicago with a .258 average, six homers and 27 RBI.
- Happ ranks 61st in homers and 35th in RBI among all MLB hitters this season.
- Happ heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a double, a triple, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Frank Schwindel is slashing .232/.275/.403 this season for the Cubs.
- Patrick Wisdom leads Chicago in home runs (11) and runs batted in (27) this season while batting .225.
Where To Watch Cardinals vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.