The Arizona Diamondbacks (26-27) are looking for Ketel Marte to continue a 15-game hitting streak against the Pittsburgh Pirates (22-28), on Saturday at 4:05 PM ET, at PNC Park.
The Diamondbacks are an away underdog (+107) at the Pirates (-125). The scheduled starters are Roansy Contreras (1-0) for the Pittsburgh Pirates, and Zach Davies (2-3) for the Arizona Diamondbacks. The matchup has an over/under set at 8.5 total runs.
Pirates vs. Diamondbacks Predictions
Pirates vs. Diamondbacks Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Pirates vs. Diamondbacks Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Pittsburgh was the moneyline favorite for three of its last 10 games, and finished 2-1 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Pirates and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Pittsburgh’s ATS record is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- In seven games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by oddsmakers, Arizona has a record of 2-5.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Diamondbacks and their opponents are when it comes to hitting the over.
- Over its last 10 games, Arizona is 6-4-0 against the spread.
Pirates vs. Diamondbacks Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Roansy Contreras
- Contreras has started two games with set spreads, and the Pirates failed to cover in both chances.
- The Pirates were favored on the moneyline for one Contreras start this season — they lost.
- His team lost both of the games he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Contreras’ two starts with a total this season both went under.
Projected starter: Zach Davies
- When Davies starts, his team is 4-7-0 against the spread this season.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 3-5.
- Davies’ team has won four of his 10 starts.
- In games Davies has started this season, the teams are 3-8-0 at hitting the over.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Ke’Bryan Hayes paces the Pirates with 19 runs batted in while accumulating a team-high batting average of .295.
- In baseball, Hayes ranks 234th in home runs and 124th in RBI.
- Hayes brings a six-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .326 with three doubles, two home runs, four walks and 10 RBI.
- Bryan Reynolds has shown his power as he leads his team with eight home runs.
- Reynolds ranks 39th in home runs and 181st in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Reynolds enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .273 with a double, two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Michael Chavis is batting .288 with six doubles, two triples, five home runs and seven walks.
- Daniel Vogelbach has five doubles, a triple, six home runs and 16 walks while hitting .244.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Christian Walker is batting .211 this season with a team-high 14 home runs and 26 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Walker ranks fourth in homers and 46th in RBI.
- Daulton Varsho has collected 43 hits this season and has an OBP of .325. He’s slugging .445 on the year.
- Among all major league batters, Varsho is 39th in homers and 98th in RBI.
- Marte leads Arizona with a .263 batting average while slugging three homers and driving in 18 runs.
- Marte has hit safely in 15 straight games. In his last 10 games he is hitting .361 with four doubles, a home run, five walks and six RBI.
- David Peralta is batting .245 with an OBP of .326 and a slugging percentage of .472 this season.
- Peralta has hit safely in seven straight games. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .316 with four doubles, a triple, a home run, a walk and seven RBI.
Where To Watch Pirates vs. Diamondbacks
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.