The Chicago White Sox (23-26) will look to Jose Abreu, riding an 11-game hitting streak, against the Tampa Bay Rays (30-21) at 7:10 PM ET on Friday, at Tropicana Field.
The White Sox are road favorites (+173) versus the Rays (-203). The scheduled starters are Shane McClanahan (5-2) for the Tampa Bay Rays, and Vince Velasquez (2-3) for the Chicago White Sox. The matchup has an over/under of 7 total runs.
Rays vs. White Sox Predictions
Rays vs. White Sox Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Rays vs. White Sox Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Tampa Bay went 5-2 over the seven games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Rays and their opponents combined to hit the over on the run total three times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Tampa Bay has a 4-6-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In six games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by bookmakers, Chicago has a record of 2-4.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the White Sox and their opponents are when it comes to hitting the over.
- Chicago has a record of 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Rays vs. White Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Shane McClanahan
- The Rays have gone 5-5-0 against the spread when McClanahan starts.
- The Rays have been favored on the moneyline in nine of McClanahan’s starts this season, and they went 6-3 in those games.
- McClanahan’s team has a 7-3 record in his starts this season.
- McClanahan’s starts went over the run total two times in 10 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Vince Velasquez
- Velásquez and his team are 3-4-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Chicago has a record of 1-2 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Velásquez’s team has a 4-3 record in his starts this season.
- Games started by Velásquez have a 4-3-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Yandy Diaz leads the Rays with a team-best batting average of .266.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Diaz’s home run total ranks 175th and his RBI tally ranks 209th.
- Diaz heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .286 with three walks and an RBI.
- Manuel Margot has made the most of his opportunities as he paces his team with 23 runs batted in.
- Margot ranks 175th in homers and 73rd in RBI this season.
- Randy Arozarena is hitting .246 with 12 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 11 walks.
- Harold Ramirez is batting .279 with five doubles, two home runs and six walks.
- Ramirez has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .231 with a walk and two RBI.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Abreu leads Chicago in home runs with six and runs batted in with 22.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Abreu’s home run total is 60th, and his RBI total is 89th.
- Abreu heads into this game on an 11-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is hitting .417 with four doubles, two home runs, six walks and five RBI.
- Luis Robert leads Chicago in home runs with six while driving in 19 runs and slugging .441.
- Robert ranks 60th overall in homers and 119th in RBI this year.
- Robert heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .227 with a double and two RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn leads Chicago in home runs (six) and runs batted in (22) this season while batting .274.
- A.J. Pollock has collected 26 hits this season and has an OBP of .254. He’s slugging .365 on the year.
Where To Watch Rays vs. White Sox
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.