The Miami Marlins (20-28) and San Francisco Giants (27-22) square off on Thursday at 6:40 PM ET, beginning a four-game series at loanDepot park.
The Marlins are favored at home (-136) against the Giants (+116). The Marlins will start Sandy Alcantara (5-2) versus the Giants and Alex Wood (3-4). The matchup has an over/under set at 7 total runs.
Marlins vs. Giants Predictions
Marlins vs. Giants Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Marlins vs. Giants Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Over the last 10 games, Miami was named the moneyline favorite by bookmakers just two times, and it split those games.
- In their last 10 matchups — all had a set run total — the Marlins and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total five times.
- Miami’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- San Francisco has been the underdog twice in the last 10 games and split those matchups 1-1.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Giants and their opponents have failed to hit the over three times.
- San Francisco is 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Marlins vs. Giants Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Sandy Alcantara
- The Marlins have a 6-4-0 record against the spread in Alcantara’s starts.
- The Marlins are 5-2 in Alcantara’s seven starts this season with Miami as the moneyline favorite.
- Alcantara’s team has won six of his 10 starts.
- Alcantara’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in four of 10 contests.
Projected starter: Alex Wood
- When Wood starts, his team is 3-6-0 against the spread this season.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- In games Wood has started, his team is 4-5.
- In games Wood has started this season, the teams are 6-3-0 at hitting the over.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Jazz Chisholm has racked up a team-best 31 runs batted in.
- Among batters in MLB action, Chisholm ranks 37th in home runs and 17th in RBI.
- Jorge Soler has hit 11 home runs to lead his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Soler ranks 12th in home runs and 34th in RBI.
- Garrett Cooper has put up a team-best batting average of .282.
- Jesus Aguilar is hitting .255 with seven doubles, six home runs and 18 walks.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Wilmer Flores is batting .255 for San Francisco with a team-high 30 RBI.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Flores is 60th in homers and 20th in RBI.
- Flores has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .190 with a double, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Joc Pederson is slugging .593 this season, with a team-best 12 homers while driving in 29 runs.
- Among all major league hitters, Pederson is 10th in home runs and 23rd in RBI.
- Thairo Estrada is slashing .279/.318/.388 this season for the Giants.
- Mike Yastrzemski leads San Francisco with a .295 batting average. He’s also hit four homers and has 16 RBI.
Where To Watch Marlins vs. Giants
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.