The Houston Astros (33-18) aim to prolong their four-game win streak when they meet the Kansas City Royals (16-33) on Friday at 8:10 PM ET, at Kauffman Stadium.
The Astros are favored (-135 moneyline odds) when they visit the Royals (+115). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Houston Astros looking to Jose Urquidy (4-2), and Brady Singer (2-0) getting the nod for the Kansas City Royals. The total for this game is 8.5.
Astros vs. Royals Predictions
Astros vs. Royals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Astros vs. Royals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston has a 7-3 record from the 10 games it was moneyline favorites over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Astros and their opponents combined to go over the run total two times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Houston’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Kansas City has played as the underdog in nine of its past 10 games and has won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Royals and their opponents have combined to hit the over seven times.
- Over its last 10 games, Kansas City is 2-8-0 against the spread.
Astros vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: José Urquidy
- The Astros have a 6-3-0 ATS record in Urquidy’s nine starts that had a set spread.
- The Astros have a 4-2 record in Urquidy’s six starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Urquidy’s team has a 6-3 record in his starts this season.
- Urquidy’s starts hit the over on the run total four times in nine games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Brady Singer
- Singer and his team are 4-1-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has won each of the four games he’s started as the moneyline underdog.
- Singer’s team has won two of his three starts.
- In Singer’s five starts with a total, the teams have hit the over two times.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez paces the Astros in home runs (14) and runs batted in (31).
- Alvarez’s home runs rank third in MLB and he ranks 17th in RBI in MLB.
- Alvarez heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .400 with a double, two home runs and six RBI.
- Alex Bregman has 11 doubles, six home runs and 30 walks while hitting .221.
- Bregman ranks 60th in home runs among hitters in MLB and 29th in RBI.
- Kyle Tucker has six doubles, eight home runs and 24 walks while hitting .239.
- Tucker takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .188 with a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Jose Altuve is hitting .279 with six doubles, 10 home runs and 13 walks.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Andrew Benintendi leads Kansas City with a batting average of .337. He’s also hit two home runs with 21 RBI.
- Benintendi is 224th in homers and 99th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Benintendi heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .455 with two doubles and three RBI.
- Whit Merrifield is a key run producer for Kansas City with a .207 average, three homers and 24 RBI.
- Merrifield ranks 173rd among hitters in the majors in homers, and 60th in RBI.
- Hunter Dozier has 47 hits this season and a slash line of .280/.346/.458.
- Bobby Witt Jr. leads Kansas City in home runs (six) and runs batted in (24) this season while batting .227.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Royals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.