The St. Louis Cardinals (29-21) visit the Chicago Cubs (21-29) in NL Central play, at 8:05 PM ET on Thursday.
The Cubs (-109 on the moneyline) play the Cardinals (-109) in an expected tight contest. The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Chicago Cubs looking to Keegan Thompson (5-0), and Matthew Liberatore (1-0) answering the bell for the St. Louis Cardinals. The matchup has an over/under set at 8 total runs.
Cubs vs. Cardinals Predictions
Cubs vs. Cardinals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Cubs vs. Cardinals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Over the last 10 games, Chicago has been listed as the moneyline favorite by bookmakers only two times, and it split those games.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Cubs and their opponents combined to go over the run total six times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Chicago’s record against the spread is 8-2-0 over its past 10 games.
- In five games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by oddsmakers, St. Louis has a record of 3-2.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cardinals and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- St. Louis is 6-4-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Cubs vs. Cardinals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Keegan Thompson
- In all of Thompson’s three starts that had a set spread, the Cubs covered.
- The Cubs were favored on the moneyline for one Thompson start this season — they won.
- All three of Thompson’s starts this season have ended in victory for his team.
- Thompson’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in one of three games.
Projected starter: Matthew Liberatore
- Liberatore has a record of 1-1-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team won his only start as an underdog this season.
- Liberatore’s team is 2-0 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Liberatore this season, the teams hit the over once.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Willson Contreras paces the Cubs with a .277 batting average.
- Among hitters in MLB action, Contreras ranks 37th in home runs and 118th in RBI.
- Contreras takes a seven-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is hitting .324 with two doubles, three home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Ian Happ has made the most of his opportunities as he leads his team with 26 runs batted in.
- Happ ranks 87th in home runs among hitters in MLB action and 36th in RBI.
- Happ takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .118 with a double, a triple, two walks and an RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom leads the Cubs with 11 home runs and 26 runs batted in.
- Frank Schwindel is hitting .220 with nine doubles, six home runs and 11 walks.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis in home runs with 11, runs batted in with 43 and his batting average of .353 is also best on his team.
- Goldschmidt’s home run total ranks 12th in MLB, and he is third in RBI.
- Goldschmidt has hit safely in 23 games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .459 with three doubles, five home runs, seven walks and 16 RBI.
- Nolan Arenado is batting .281 with an OBP of .350 and a slugging percentage of .522 this season.
- Arenado ranks 21st overall in home runs and 11th in RBI this year.
- Arenado brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Tommy Edman has collected 51 base hits, an OBP of .351 and a slugging percentage of .414 this season.
- Harrison Bader has collected 40 hits this season and has an OBP of .297. He’s slugging .356 on the year.
Where To Watch Cubs vs. Cardinals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.