The Oakland Athletics (20-33) hope to stop their three-game losing run against the Boston Red Sox (24-27), at 9:40 PM ET on Friday.
The Red Sox are favored (-135 moneyline odds) when they visit the Athletics (+115). The Boston Red Sox will give the start to Nathan Eovaldi (2-2, 5.93 ERA) looking for win No. 3 on the season, and the Athletics will turn to James Kaprielian (0-2, 5.93). The game’s over/under is set at 7.
Red Sox vs. Athletics Predictions
Red Sox vs. Athletics Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Red Sox vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Boston went 4-4 over the eight games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Red Sox combined with their opponents to go over the total four times.
- Boston has put together a 5-5-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In eight games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by bookmakers, Oakland has a record of 3-5.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Athletics and their opponents are in their last 10 games with a total.
- Oakland has wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Red Sox vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Nathan Eovaldi
- The Red Sox have a 4-6-0 record against the spread in Eovaldi’s starts.
- The Red Sox are 4-3 in Eovaldi’s seven starts this season with Boston as the moneyline favorite.
- Over Eovaldi’s 10 starts, his team is 4-6.
- Eovaldi has started 10 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in four of them.
Projected starter: James Kaprielian
- Kaprielian’s team is 5-1-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team is 3-2 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Kaprielian’s team has a 4-2 record in his starts this season.
- Games started by Kaprielian have a 3-1-2 record at hitting the over this season.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers has a team-best 11 home runs.
- Devers ranks 12th in homers and 36th in RBI among all hitters in MLB action.
- Devers brings a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .211 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts has 13 doubles, five home runs and 20 walks while batting .323.
- Bogaerts ranks 87th in home runs among hitters in baseball and 73rd in RBI.
- J.D. Martinez paces the Red Sox with a team-high batting average of .360.
- Trevor Story has been productive as he paces his team with 37 runs batted in.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Elvis Andrus leads Oakland in batting average (.241) this season while adding three home runs and 11 RBI.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Andrus’ home run total is 173rd, and his RBI total is 225th.
- Andrus has safely hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with five doubles and four RBI.
- Sean Murphy is slugging .379 this season, with a team-best five homers while driving in 22 runs.
- Murphy ranks 87th in homers and 89th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Seth Brown leads Oakland in home runs with five and runs batted in with 23.
- Tony Kemp has 39 hits and an OBP of .319 to go with a slugging percentage of .287 this season.
Where To Watch Red Sox vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.