The Atlanta Braves (24-27) and Colorado Rockies (23-27) square off in the first of a four-game series on Thursday at Coors Field, at 8:40 PM ET. The Braves are coming off a series defeat to the Diamondbacks, and the Rockies a series win over the Marlins.
As the favorite, the Braves (-148 moneyline odds) visit the Rockies (+127). The scheduled starters are Ian Anderson (3-3) for the Atlanta Braves, and Austin Gomber (2-5) for the Colorado Rockies. The over/under for this game is set at 11.
Braves vs. Rockies Predictions
Braves vs. Rockies Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Braves vs. Rockies Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Atlanta has a 5-3 record over the eight games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups — all had a set run total — the Braves and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total six times.
- Atlanta has gone 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In nine games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Colorado has a record of 3-6.
- In their last 11 games with a total, the Rockies and their opponents are when it comes to hitting the over.
- Colorado has wins against the spread in its last 11 chances.
Braves vs. Rockies Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Ian Anderson
- The Braves have a 7-2-0 ATS record in Anderson’s nine starts with a set spread.
- The Braves are 3-2 in Anderson’s five starts this season with Atlanta as the moneyline favorite.
- In Anderson’s nine starts, his team is 5-4.
- Anderson has started nine contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in four of them.
Projected starter: Austin Gomber
- Gomber and his team are 3-7-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 28.6% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 2-5.
- Gomber’s team has won three of his nine starts.
- Games Gomber has started this season hit the over five times in 10 chances.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Matt Olson is hitting .258 with 23 doubles, six home runs and 33 walks.
- Among batters in baseball, Olson ranks 60th in homers and 88th in RBI.
- Austin Riley has shown his power as he leads his team with 13 home runs and 28 RBI.
- Riley ranks fourth in homers and 29th in RBI among batters in baseball.
- Riley has safely hit in 10 straight games. In his last 10 games he is batting .390 with two doubles, five home runs, two walks and 10 RBI.
- Ozzie Albies has 12 doubles, six home runs and 13 walks while batting .248.
- Albies has hit safely in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .263 with three doubles and a walk.
- Dansby Swanson is batting .261 to pace his team.
- Swanson brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .286 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
Braves Batting Leaders
- C.J. Cron leads Colorado in home runs with 13 and runs batted in with 38.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Cron ranks fourth in home runs and sixth in RBI.
- Cron takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with two walks and an RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon has collected 41 hits this season and has an OBP of .307. He’s slugging .408 on the year.
- Blackmon ranks 48th in home runs and 73rd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Connor Joe is slashing .265/.349/.400 this season for the Rockies.
- Brendan Rodgers has collected 41 hits this season and has an OBP of .321. He’s slugging .422 on the year.
- Rodgers heads into this matchup on a 19-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is batting .368 with two doubles, three home runs, five walks and five RBI.
Where To Watch Braves vs. Rockies
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.