The Tampa Bay Lightning and New York Rangers hit the ice Wednesday in the first game of the Stanley Cup Semifinals at Madison Square Garden, starting at 8:00 PM ET. The Lightning are favored (-127) against the Rangers (+106).
Lightning vs. Rangers Predictions
Lightning vs. Rangers Betting Odds
Lightning vs. Rangers Betting Trends
- The Lightning have won 68.0% of their games when favored on the moneyline this season (51-24).
- In games it has played with moneyline odds of -127 or shorter, Tampa Bay has put together a 45-19 record (winning 70.3% of its games).
- The Lightning have a 55.9% chance (based on the moneyline’s implied probability) to win this matchup.
- The Lightning’s 285 total goals (3.5 per game) make them the seventh-best scoring team in the league.
- The Lightning have given up 228 total goals (2.8 per game), the sixth-fewest in NHL play.
- The Rangers have been made the underdog 41 times this season, and upset their opponent 19 times.
- New York is 10-18 when it is the underdog by +106 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Rangers’ 250 goals on the season (3.0 per game) rank them 15th in the NHL.
- The Rangers’ total of 204 goals given up (only 2.5 per game) is second in the league.
Lightning vs. Rangers Over/Under Trends
- This season, Tampa Bay and its opponent have combined to outscore Wednesday’s total of 5.5 goals 53 times.
- There have been 48 New York games with more than 5.5 goals this season.
- The over/under for this game (5.5) is 1.0 less than the combined scoring averages for the Lightning (3.48) and Rangers (3.05).
- The 5.3 goals per game these two teams allow are 0.2 less than the total set for this contest.
Lightning Team Leaders
Rangers Team Leaders
Where To Watch Lightning vs. Rangers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.