The St. Louis Cardinals (27-21) will look to Paul Goldschmidt, riding a 21-game hit streak, when they take on the San Diego Padres (30-18) at 7:45 PM ET on Tuesday, at Busch Stadium.
The Padres are an underdog (+107 moneyline odds) when they take on the Cardinals (-127). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the St. Louis Cardinals looking to Adam Wainwright (5-4), and Blake Snell (0-2) taking the ball for the San Diego Padres. The matchup has an over/under set at 8.5 total runs.
Cardinals vs. Padres Predictions
Cardinals vs. Padres Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Cardinals vs. Padres Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- St. Louis was the moneyline favorite in six of its last 10 games, and went 5-1 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Cardinals and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
- St. Louis has put together a 6-4-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- San Diego has played as the underdog in five of its past 10 games and won three of those contests.
- The Padres and their opponents have combined to hit the over two times in their last 10 games with a total.
- San Diego has a record of 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Cardinals vs. Padres Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Adam Wainwright
- The Cardinals have a 5-4-0 record against the spread in Wainwright’s starts.
- The Cardinals have a 4-3 record in Wainwright’s seven starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Over Wainwright’s nine starts, his team is 5-4.
- Wainwright’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in four of nine games.
Projected starter: Blake Snell
- Snell’s team is 1-2-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team is 0-2 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Snell’s team is 1-2 when he starts this season.
- Games Snell has started this season hit the over one time in three chances.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Goldschmidt leads the Cardinals with 11 home runs and 42 runs batted in, while putting up a team-best batting average of .352.
- Goldschmidt’s home runs rank ninth in MLB and he ranks third in RBI in MLB.
- Goldschmidt heads into this game on a 21-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is hitting .475 with three doubles, six home runs, four walks and 19 RBI.
- Tommy Edman has eight doubles, three triples, four home runs and 19 walks while hitting .282.
- Among all MLB batters, Edman ranks 115th in home runs and 74th in RBI.
- Edman has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .304 with a double and an RBI.
- Nolan Arenado is batting .265 with 13 doubles, nine home runs and 19 walks.
- Harrison Bader is batting .255 with five doubles, four home runs and nine walks.
- Bader heads into this game on a 10-game hitting streak. In his last nine outings he is hitting .351 with a double, a home run and five RBI.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado is batting .353 with eight home runs and 28 RBI. All three of those stats are tops among San Diego hitters this season.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Machado’s home run total is 36th, and his RBI total is 21st.
- Jurickson Profar has 40 hits and an OBP of .338 to go with a slugging percentage of .407 this season.
- Among all major league hitters, Profar ranks 54th in home runs and 56th in RBI.
- Profar has safely hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .368 with a double, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- Eric Hosmer has collected 53 base hits, an OBP of .378 and a slugging percentage of .435 this season.
- Jake Cronenworth has 39 hits and an OBP of .297 to go with a slugging percentage of .328 this season.
Where To Watch Cardinals vs. Padres
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.